Investigation

Alison's mom sighed. She rubbed her forehead, tears running down her face. "I just... I can't. I literally can't. Why..." she sobbed.

Detective Sand patted her shoulder. "I know. It's crazy,"

She looked up, her voice shaking as she took a deep breath.

"About these messages..." Someone knocked on the door. The detective cleared his throat. "Come in."

The lady opened the door. "Hi, sorry to interrupt, but we got more evidence from the doctors. They forgot to show it to you, it's a viral video." She came in and showed the scene on the phone.

The detective gasped. "Oh my... I never seen this. This was last week?"

"What?" the mom said. He showed the video.

"Oh my god! It looks like... Alison," The mom cried more. "She almost..."

The detective nodded. "Could you perhaps send me the link to the video, Marcay? Thanks."

The lady nodded and closed the door.

"Now you said this may have been your daughter?"

"I— I think it is. She writes kidnapping stories, so—"

"Hm?" The detective was confused.

"Well, she's a writer and she makes stories about herself getting kidnapped. I don't know why but... I know it's funny."

"So you're assuming that this isn't a mistake, just a coincidence?"

"I don't know..."

"Let me ask you," Detective Sand said. "So. I'm just giving a hypothesis here, but would you conclude that your daughter, Alison, was stalked by the man in the video, leaving messages to her on her phone, and potentially luring her to eventually being... 'taken', per se?"

"Well, I don't know. That seems like a very big question."

"But it does make sense. Here, let's look at this text he sent." He looked at the phones. His eyebrow raised. "Hm. Odd."

"Yes?"

"'Click here for you to see Gabriel one last time and go to the Three Door Curse...'."

"Oh my God, no!" Alison's mom whispered. "No, no, no."

"It seems to be that your daughter was lured into a trap, maybe the person tracked her phone down, and planning to take her..."

The mother nodded. "But why? Why..."

"That's the question we all want to know. This evidence clearly shows the path to the clue, and we're right at it. I'll gather more evidence and research about it. And I'll get right back to you, hm?"

Alison's mom nodded.

They smiled and walked out.

*