Investigation

"What happened to Gabriel Fick? He's in a coma, you say?" Doctor Reds said.

"In a coma for the past month. We don't know how he got it, must be from too much blood loss."

"Doctor, sir, we got another one. Tiger Dinks. Found her with a gun laid beside her in Alison W.'s home." A nurse pulled Tiger on a stretcher and into a hospital room. "No wounds on her though! Gonna test her though!" he called out.

"Shit. How many suicides are we gonna get today?"

"We don't know if they're all suicides, Doctor."

"Well it's a sad tragedy nonetheless!" He stormed off into an office.

The nurse nodded and sighed. She headed to where Alison was laying.

"How is she doing? Any results?" she asked.

"Yeah. It's odd. Her brain is just nothing. No movement at all. We don't know what's going on for sure. We need a detective here."

"Ah, that's strange. Brain tumor?"

The nurse shook his head. "No. It's not that. I... I don't know what it is. It's like she's... dead, you know, but no movement."

"What was the screaming about? Why was she screaming 'help me'?"

"I don't know, Amy. I honestly don't know. This is so weird—"

"It's like she's trapped?"

"Maybe. Her mom must know something, or might."

"Hm. Well put her next to her friend Gabriel. At least she'll have company when she wakes,"

"If she does."

"Right,"

The two nurses rolled Alison out and into a room big enough for a hundred people and set her next to Gabe, where he's unconscious too on his own bed.

Nurse Amy teared up. She looked at the other nurse, saying, "It's so sad, you know? These kids right here in comas. Never knowing when they'll wake up."

The nurse nodded. "Have you seen the video?"

"What video?"

"It's all over—the viral video on the news. I don't have my phone right now but some person took a video of a man threatening a kid in a car."

"Oh my god."

"Yeah. There was a black car they were almost dragged into next to them. Luckily the kid punched the guy in the face and ran off to somewhere. I think the man had a gun too."

"Oh my..."

The nurse nodded and folded his hands. "I bet the kid has PTSD now. Jesus,"

"Man, I bet."

"We better get back to work."

"Mhm. Let's go. I'll call a detective on the case, too, as well as call the mother,"

*