Chapter nine

Tiger took the opportunity to run to a door of the building, while the sick bastards forgot to lock the Room door, but when they opened that door, they were up in the sky it felt like. Clouds flooded their view. They slammed the door shut and was instantly grabbed by Embers. She smirked at them. Other than getting shot or killed, Tiger was afraid of heights also.

"What do you think you're doing now?" she said softly.

"We're up in the sky?!" Tiger yelled.

Embers chuckled. "No. We're inside your minds."

"Stop playing this Krueger shit and let us out of here!" Gabriel yelled.

Embers dropped Tiger and ran over to Gabe, putting her hand on his throat, pushing him back into a wall, choking him. "You're never getting out of here. You're dying just like Alison is!" She held up the arrow to his neck.

Gabriel couldn't breathe. He pushed his hand to Embers' face and made her fall. Gabe fell to the floor. He saw the guards taking away Alison's body into... another room. He felt a rage.

"Let my friend go!" he screamed, wanting to run, but before, he was grabbed by a guard and thrown back into the Cased Room, where Tiger got thrown into too.

The door slammed shut. They all saw white again.

Tiger bursted out sobbing. They pounded on the door, screaming to let them all out. They gave up after five tries and dropped to the floor.

Gabe sniffled. "Just face it, Tiger. We aren't getting out."

"Yeah. We aren't." They didn't know what to say. "Her... her blood..."

Gabe looked up. "What do you mean?"

"She's dead, Gabe. Her blood's on me and she's dead."

"Where's the man, Bullet?"

Tiger shrugged.

"What happened to you guys?" Kim and Chelsea walked toward them, looking at them.

Tiger sighed. "Alison, our friend, is... d-dead."

Chelsea cringed. "Wha-What do you mean?"

"She's dead. She got shot in the chest by Bullet while I tried to stop him. It was too late to save her."

Kim's face dropped. "Oh..."

"Has anyone... died here before?"

"What do you mean?"

"Has anyone died here as in... Wait."

Tiger looked at Gabe. "Not to be rude but if you're missing for a month in here, in our minds he says, then why didn't they kill you?"

"Um... maybe because they were just waiting for Alison or for a friend to come in—"

"Hm. Maybe."

Kim and Chelsea looked puzzled. "We've been here for two months; we're twins."

"You don't look like twins," Gabe said.

"You don't have to look alike to be twins, idiot."

Tiger snorted.

Gabe sighed. "But... why would they want A-Ali?" His voice was shaking. He now felt a pain in his chest.

"I don't know." Tiger said.

Everyone didn't speak for a moment.

"Uh... You wanted to say something, Gabriel?" Kim said.

Gabe looked up. "How're we all in our minds? Like how're we all together?"

"I don't know. You'd have to ask Mister Bullet that." Chelsea answered, smirking a little.

"Gabe." Tiger said.

"Yeah?"

"Uh... people are saying, um... I wanted to let y—"

"Spit it out."

Tiger sighed. "The reason we came here is because we wanted to save you. Me and Ali kept on getting links to click on a link sent to us, to save you. Uh... people are saying it's... a suicide."

"What?" Gabriel's eyes went wide.

"Apparently a knife was on your bed and a straight line across your head. Just like that one."

"Oh," Gabe sighed. "He—Bullet—um... he took a knife and then, uh, sliced..."

Tiger cringed. "Oh God. Horrifying."

"People think it's a suicide?"

Tiger nodded. "Yeah. Been talking about it for weeks. Wait..."

"What?" Tiger went silent then.

"Tiger, what?" Chelsea said.

"I'm just... So we aren't kidnapped?"

Gabe shrugged. "I don't know. I think we've been kidnapped from ourselves to be honest," Tiger smiled a little at the joke.

"Did you guys go in a... carnival-type room? Like with tripped out mirrors?"

"Everyone does. It's the Three Door Curse."

"Huh?"

Chelsea nodded, her hair in pigtails bobbing. "It's the curse. It's a trap."

"What do you mean?"

"They've been... doing this for years. They told us their plan on luring kids..."

"Why haven't anyone stopped them?"

"Because they are in our minds! They're in our minds somehow and we're gonna be dead by them killing us!"

Everyone looked at Tiger.

"We're... gonna die."

Kim took a breath. "Three people have already died in here"—she looked at Gabriel—"Including your friend, so that makes four." Kim nodded.

Tiger and Gabe didn't say anything.

Silence passed.

"Wha-What do you do then? Why are we trapped in here?"

"By the emails we gotten. They lured us. We all get it. That's their plan,"

Tiger's heart bounced. "They lured us here to save Gabe. But instead we just got placed in the same situation,"

Gabe winced. "What do we do? We can't just get out, we have no way. The door's locked."

Chelsea clicked her tongue. "Well, I think we should—"

They all heard screaming then. A girl's scream. "Let me go! Let me go! Let me go! No! No!" she was screaming.

Banging and kicking was all heard.

"What's happening?" Tiger stood up quickly.

"What's going on?" Gabriel shouted.

More screams. Let me go! Help!

"Oh god, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this! Please stop!" Tiger said fast. Their heart was pounding, them gripping their hair, eyes squeezed shut. Tears ran down their face, heart swallowing up fear. "I want to get out!"

"Alison?"

"You said Alison's dead, how can she be alive?" Kim questioned. They all were standing up and terrified.

"Unless she faked it all along?"

"It seemed pretty real though." Gabe said.

"Shit."

Gabriel stood up. He took a breath. "Maybe... she's in on it."

Everyone looked at him.

"Let us out!" Tiger banged on the door.

Before they could say any more, the Cased door opened.

Everyone took a step back.

Unanswered questions hung in the air.

*