Chapter 9: Founders day

Val pov

I was sitting with bonnie and Elena before the founders part watching as bonnie sifts through different nail polish colours. The doorbell rings. following Jeremy I walk to the door watching as he opens and immediately goes to shut it again. Stopped by Tyler's hand.

"I'm here for my mom, she needs to collect the stuff." Tyler glares at Jeremy as Elena runs toward them handing the box. "hey Ty, Remy. Please don't start. I did not get enough beauty sleep to deal with your shit" I say, rolling my eyes I walk over and stands beside Jeremy who puts a hand on my shoulder. Watching as Elena sends Tyler off.

I move, following Jeremy upstairs, pulling him into his room and closing the door behind me.

"what's up val. you need something?. Planning on starting weed? " he raises an eyebrow with a smirk and I sigh.

"look Remy, I really care about you. I understand that this is your way of coping and all I'm asking is that you stick to weed and don't push it further okay?" I walk up to him and give him a firm hug. hearing him groan but hug back.

"Val, your the best you know that? Thanks for not judging me like Elena. And I promise". He flashes me a thankful smile as I ruffle his hair before turning to look at his face again.

"Remy, you have the watch don't you? it's okay, I'm not judging, instead. I just really want to see it, I heard It was one of your family heirlooms" a genuine looking smile appears on my face. Jeremy looked at me for a second before walking to his wardrobe and pulling out the gilbert device, handing it to me tenderly. I turn it's face away from him, making sure not to show him that it's hands were spinning uncontrollably.

He studies me as I close my eyes, dispelling the device. A special spell I put on it, will make it work like it used to, until the exact day of the founders celebration. No matter what is put on it, the device will not work again. This was my backup. just incase the plan on making anna and pearl leave doesn't work. As for the tomb vampires. if they DO escape. I'll just kill them.

Giving the watch back, Jeremy puts it back in it's hiding spot, and I go plonk down on the bed beside him. rummaging through his draw and looking at his drawings.

"aren't you gonna go get ready for the party? whoa, hey- Val! don't look at that!" he jumps up moving towards me as I dodge him and look through his art.

"hey jerry you should be an artist. maybe draw me sometime!" I giggle as he pouts, ruffling my hair and plopping down beside me, looking over my shoulder to view what I was looking at. It was a rough sketch of a werewolf. we continue to talk and tease each other as he shows me his drawings, him seemingly growing comfortable around me. The peace didn't last long as Elena storms in, smacking Jeremy across the back of the head.

"the pocket watch? where is it?" Elena glared at us.

"the watch?"

"the one you stole from mom's box, look miss Lockwood just called me freaking out, it was on the list, Jeremy. She can't find it and she thinks she lost it." her foot was tapping impatiently.

"and maybe she did? maybe Tyler took it?."

rolling my eyes, I tightly smack Jeremy on the back of the head raising an eyebrow at him.

"Don't even pay that card! you took it. will I find it on eBay? Is that how you pay for you're pot?" Elena glares at him accusingly.

"Screw you" here my hisses at her before taking the pocket watch. After telling her about how the watch was supposed to be his, Jeremy sits back frown and I watch as Elena smiles at me apologetically and walks off. I hug Remy and he cuddles into me. he thought of me as a big sister, more than he did Elena.