Chapter 24: Mutts

Memory

"YOU STUPID BITCH!" 

I shiver at the noise, and crawl up against the wall, bracing for impact.
The pure rage shone brightly in his eyes, even in the dimly lit room that resembled a basement.

"I'm sorry papa,"  I whisper,
My words coming out as choked gasps instead, my body shaking, with fear or adrenaline .

'Papa' growls in anger, grabbing a cane that leaned against the wall. 

"SHUT UP," he hisses, before yanking at my hair, and dragging me from my safe corner.
The concrete floor, causing rough burns on my skin. My body was smaller, frailer, what I would imagine me to be as a child. 

He pulls me out of the basement like room, throwing me into the centre of what looks like a family meeting. The other people gasp and jump away as I'm thrown onto the dining table, cracking it in half. The impact, making me squeak, but not sound truly came out. My throat hurt, like I had swallowed razors.

"Please,"  I beg, I grab onto his leg in desperation, but it only gets worse as he kicks me off. 
He beats me with the cane, It's wooden shape, engraving into my skin in bright red. The medal patterns, stinging like bees.
I look around,
desperate for support,
desperate for mercy, 

yet when my eyes lock with my sisters' and brothers',

They just look away, awkwardly.

"YOU!" Smack "FILTHY!" Smack "HALFCAST!" smack.
Tears gather at the corner of my eyes. My world begins to shatter.

Mama . . . . . Please, 

help me

I curl into a ball, protecting my head.
His beating get worse, until he gets fed up, deciding to kick me in the ribs.
I hear them crack and the air is nocked out of me as I am sent into the put-out fireplace,
The cinders fly and cover me, while cracks carve themselves into the brick-like patterns.

My hands shake, and I dare not to look him in the face as he walks up and squats down in front of my fallen form.
My crazy hair, covering my face like a shield,
providing a false sense of security.

"I should have gotten rid of you, the moment you were born." He hisses into my ear.

"If your filthy mother wasn't such a whore, Then perhaps you would've had more of me."
"Instead she births a rat, just like her."

His voice is sharp, And his calloused hand slowly moves around my face.

Suddenly, he grips it and forces my head to face him. 

Trickles of sweat drip down my forehead, as we keep eye contact. The room is silent, I could almost hear a pin drop.

.

.

.

"P-papa?"

SLAP