Chapter 18: Carnival creeps

The hospital was quiet, the only noises were beeping of the heart rate monitors. Caroline shifts in her sleep, body still sore. Her eyes open to a bundle shaped like a person, snuggled up next to her. A stray arm circling her waist in comfort.  A sleepy smile made it's way onto her face as Caroline spots Val sleeping soundly, if  she didn't know better, she would have thought that Val was dead, her hair was messy and in a rats nest. Caroline loved this, because even though they only knew each other for a while, Val was the only normal thing in her life.

Turning her head to the other side, Caroline jolts and her upper body props up onto her elbows. Val just stirs, out like a light. 

"Elena?" Caroline's voice questioning in confusion.

'Elena' tilts her head "hey Caroline"

Caroline groans out "what are you doing here?" as goes to lean back on the bead, slightly touching her head in fatigue, turning her head lightly to check on val. 

'Elena' leans over, propping a hand on the side of the bed. "my name is Katherine,  I was hoping you could give the Salvatore brothers a message fore me" Caroline looked up at her in confusion, still dazed. both hands resting on her temples. "ugh w-what are you talking about? what message?"

Katherine just stares.

"game one"

Caroline's eyes widen before going "wha-" and before the sentence could finish, she has a pillow in her face, and her kicks where being held down by Katherine's other hand, Val lets out a little snore and turns over in her bed.

THE NEXT MORNING- Val's point of view

"*GRoan* urgh"

I sit up  on the bed and stretch, then it hit my, the minute I woke up. The 'oh shit' moment.

CAROLINE

I frantically look around, and the smell of blood is still strong, Caroline isn't next to me on the bed.

Fuck, She's already turned

I grab my phone off the table and jump off the bed. It's 6 am.
I sniff the air and walk into the toilets, the door is creaked open. I can hear her sniffles and whimpers.

"Care?" I slightly push the door. "NO! don't open it" she screeches out and I can feel her go to slam the door shut, but I force it open in time to see her retreat into the corner of the shower, a blood bag tossed aside.

"hey, it's alright care -" I step forward, and she starts sobbing. "stay *hic* away"

Poor darling

I Vamp speed up to her and give her A tight hug, ignoring her struggling and I turn her to face straight at me. "Care . . .I have to tell you something"

Timeskip

 Caroline sat on the hospital bed with me and her face was in the crevice of my neck. After my full explanation and me making her a daylight ring, she sat there still processing the information. After a few minutes of silence, she spoke.

"why me?"

"hm?"

"why did she do this to me Val?" She looked at me intently.

I just hummed. "well, We're talking about Katherine here . . . but personally I think this was you're fate" Caroline huffed and goes to argue but I interrupt with a chuckle. "sorry care, not like that. What I mean is, if there was ever A person who the world needs forever, It's you"