Chapter 33: Mates? MATES!

I shuffle on my feet slightly, waiting for Esther to join the rest of us in the 'meeting.' 

The originals, all present besides Elijah. Rebekah stands beside me, pouting and glaring at Kol like he killed her dog. Technically he id try attack Matt, and he IS like a pet.
Klaus sat beside Finn on the couch, glass of champagne in hand, giving me a quick grin when our eyes meet.

The silence is loud, the party was over and I snap my head to the door as it pushes open, Esther striding in beside Elijah, She glances at me and flashes me a quick smile.

I furrow my eyebrows as she comes to stand in the middle of the room, Elijah, moving to stand beside me. Kol speaks up, straightening and standing from his spot on a table. 
"Why did you call us here mother?"

Esther glances at him, then to me, before expanding loudly and standing upright.
"I have something for us to discuss, as a family. I'm sure most of you are aware, You four-"

She gestures to Klaus, Elijah, Finn and Kol. "-Share a mate."

Klaus grunts. "Yes, well nothing new there. How WONDERFUL that I have to share."
Esther shoots him a look. "Yes and you are all pretty sure who it is."

Elijah moves beside me and I turn my head to him, He pulls me in by the waist and pecking me on the cheek.

I widen my eyes, as everyone turns to me, staring suggestively. The brothers, glaring at Elijah angrily. I push Elijah away and step back, wide eyed, franticly glancing over to Esther. "ME?!"

Ayo WTF? What kind of wet dream is this?

Esther smiles warmly, walking over and placing a hand on my cheek, I see Kol wink at me and Rebekah gasp and tackle me into a hug. "VAL? Oh bloody hell! I was thinking about which bitch was going to be my soul sister, I can finally live in peace."
Esther glances at her, "Hush child." She glances back at me. "She's still overwhelmed."

I clear my throat, snapping out of my surprise and turning to Elijah quickly, he caresses my cheek with a tender smile. "DID YOU KNOW THIS?"

He opens and closes his mouth, Klaus speeds over, pushing past Elijah, his voice low and caring.

"We all did love, We just didn't know it was you for sure, until tonight."
I shake my head at them all, waving my hands and pushing past them.  "What, No . . no, no, no, no!"

I pace back and forth in front of the fireplace, before turning to them. "This isn't fair! You guys are all meant to have your own EPIC loves!"

They all vamp in front of me, Rebekah's eye widening in surprise. "WHAT NO! Val you're my best friend! You're perfect for them."
Kol also coming up and grabbing my face. " WHOAH, Easy darling . . . . "

I take a deep breath in, Klaus speaks up, voice whispering out. "Love-"

I cut him off, turning to Finn, who was sitting down and watching us with furrowed eyebrows.
I gesture to him, looking at everyone. "LIKE FINN! He loved sage for 900 years! SHE love HIM, even after he's been daggered that long! She and him have each other! I can't be mated to ALL of you, when you clearly deserve to be loved by one person whole heartedly! I don't want to do what Elena's doing, Loving different people at once, That's just unfair to you guys, You shouldn't be tied down by a bond. You should fall in love . . . ."

I see everyone in the room glare at him.

Elijah's voice raises as he steps forward and grabs my shoulders to face him, His eyes are furrowed and distraught. "We ARE in love, With YOU!"
His suit is ruffled up.