1 - gone

"Promise you'll call yeah?" I shout as my best friend stuck his head out the taxi window grinning like an idiot.
"Yeah yeah don't miss me too much," he smirked and the car started rolling slowly out the unevenly paved driveway.
I rolled my eyes laughing, "You wish."

I'm Jayda Ferochi. My best friend for as long as I can remember has been Will Smith. I don't really remember how we ended up being friends but he's just always been there and stuck around like a bad smell I guess. I'm joking, I don't know what I'd do without him. That's why as he got driven out of Philly to live with his fancy aunt, I was scared out of my mind. Of course I'd never admit it out loud, his ego is already too big as it is. I guess I'd just have to get used to him not being around as often.

*the next day*

"Jayda if you ain't out that door in the next-"
"Yes mama I'm leaving now, love you bye!" I shut the door behind me and let out a long sigh. It was too early for this.

"Jay!" Jazz, another member of mine and Will's crew, had been shouting my name for the past ten minutes as I carried on walking pretending I couldn't hear. He jogged up behind me, his fake chains hanging around his neck making loads of noise.
"Girl, how you getting me to do a full on workout at half eight in the morning?" he said raising his eyebrows and taking a bite out my toast I bought with me.
"You're too loud, I ain't wanna walk with you," I replied taking my toast back and raising my eyebrows back at him.

"You just sad your boyfriend's gone!" he teased me.
"Shut up, you're just sad that your not Will's best mate."
"I am his best mate, thanks very much." He held his heart, mocking being in pain.
"Mhmm."

"Ice, save me from this idiot," Our last crew member was Ice Tray. I dragged him in between me and Jazz so the last five minutes of our walk to school could be somewhat peaceful. Ice laughed and put his arms round mine and Jazz's shoulders.
"Get off me man! The honeys are looking at us, they might think i'm gay!" Jazz pulled himself away from the two of us and shrivelled up his face in fake disgust. "I'll catch you guys later!" he shouted over his shoulder as he ran up to harass some girls.

Today was gonna be a long day without Will, I could feel it.

Authors Note:
Hiyaaaaa
I'm really sorry that this is such a short chapter, it's just to set the scene a bit and show you guys her different friendships and stuff.

I was thinking that her and ice could have something going on for the first couple of chapters just to add some spice before she gets with will and all that but tell me what you think.

I'll update again the next chance i have but make sure you vote, comment and add to reading lists bla bla bla.

The more people that comment means i know people are enjoying the book and therefore you'll get more and quicker updates so it's all up to you guys really.

Comment things you want me to add to the characters or storyline and i'll try include it.

Thank you for reading!

426 words