16- "My girl"

I woke up around 9am so I had about five hours sleep. That was okay I guess. I went over to my closet, picking out an outfit and getting changed. As I was sorting out my hair, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I shouted muffled as I held the comb in my mouth and was putting gel in my hair with my left hand and holding the rest of it back with my right. Jazz walked in and laughed at the sight, making me roll my eyes. He sat on my bed and waited for me to finish.

"Wassup?" I asked putting the hair products back in my draw and wiping down my desk.
"Should I ask you out today? Or leave it?" he asked me, throwing a basketball in the air and catching it as he laid on my bed. When he threw it up a second time, I caught it and put it on the floor. He sighed acting all hard done by which made me laugh.

"Erm, well I spoke to Will last night. He said he doesn't want me to date you because you can't treat me right blah blah blah. So I said, 'oh what like you could do a better job' and he was like 'yes yes I can.' So I said to him 'why don't you?' and he started saying he wanted to but couldn't cos of Lisa. Long story short, he does like me but Lisa is in the way," I explained it all quickly my breath hitching in my throat as I stood still for a few second regaining it.

Jazz nodded his head as he thought about something, "If I ask you out then he might just give up. I'll ask him how I should ask you out and just keep talking about it. I won't actually do it but he's gonna think I will and will try beat me to make the first move. Sound like a plan?"

I nodded, grinning. "We're so fucked up in the head why are we doing it this way?" I said laughing to which he shrugged his shoulders.
"More fun," he smirked walking out my room as I prayed that there'd be no more black eyes.

As I was tying my laces, there was a quiet knock on the door.
"Yeah?" I called and it opened slowly to reveal Hillary. She looked like she had been crying. I felt bad for a split second before making my lips go in a straight line remembering I didn't like her anymore.

"Jay? Can I talk to you? Like properly?" her voice was barely a whisper and I felt guilty. Yeah, I got cheated on and she was part of it but she got cheated on too and no one was keeping her company because of what she did to me. At least I had Will.
"Yeah, Wassup?" I asked acting unbothered as she sat down on the bed next to me.

"I'm really sorry. I'm not even just saying it because no one talks to me anymore. I was out of order. Hell, I literally got your boyfriend to cheat on you, I'm more than out of order!"
I nodded, "Mhmm."

She looked discouraged by my reply but carried on anyways, "I know a sorry isn't going to fix anything and you have every right to still be mad at me but I want to fix the situation. Some how, there has to be something I can do to make you hate me a little less?"

I couldn't tell if it was a lie or not. Talking about how she's sooo out of order. Sounded a bit manipulative but maybe that's just my trust issues lmao.

"I want you to know that I'm gonna make an effort... I- I want us to be sisters again."
Ugh she hit me with the sister crap. I had to forgive her now.
"Hil, I'm not angry at you anymore. Sure you right pissed me off but it's done now, nothing either of us can do. I can't believe we're arguing about Ice of all people. He's not worth it. He'd have to pay me to lick the bottom of my shoes," I stressed my hatred for Tray as Hillary laughed wiping away her nervous tears. At least it won't be awkward anymore.

I went back to tying my laces as she got up to leave.
"I am sorry Jayda," she said, I replied with a smile and she shut the door behind her. That's the first time I've ever heard her say sorry and last week she ran over an old man's walking stick in Uncle Phil's car.