3- Stroke

It was the last lesson of school and I had been nervous all day for Will to tell me what his aunt said. I was also scared about having to leave my hometown, my mama, Ice and jazz. But I'd get to see Will again. I'd get to live with Will. To pass out on this offer; i'd be an idiot.

I told Jazz about it but I don't think he was that bothered. Like I know he'd miss me but his main boys are Will and Ice. If anything he's probably jealous and that's why he's been giving me the cold shoulder all day.

"Jayda?" Sir picked me to answer a question and I had no clue what was going on. Hell, I didn't even know what subject I was in right now.
"Hmm?" I took my head off the desk and sat up.

Sir rolled his eyes at me before repeating his question, "Group 8, The Noble Gases have a full outer shell, yes? So does that make them reactive or non reactive?"
Chemistry. That's what lesson I was in.
"Errrr... non reactive?"
He muttered something then carried on teaching. He didn't even tell me if i got it right.

I must've fell asleep because I woke up twenty minutes later to the bell signalling the end of school. I was so nervous.

"Iceeeee!" I ran up behind him and jumped on his back as we walked out the school gates. He didn't laugh or greet me.
"Hello? Ice you in there?" I laughed, waving my hand around his face.
"When we're you gonna tell me that you're moving?" He demanded, stopping on the pavement causing the people behind us to give us dirty looks before walking around us.

"It's not definite so I didn't say anything yet. What's the big deal?"
I knew what the big deal was. I just wanted to see if he'd admit it.
"You're leaving me and it's not a big deal?" His voice cracked and I felt real guilty.

"I'm not leaving you, I don't have a choice."
"Have I not been keeping you safe enough? Is walking you home everyday not enough? I can get more of my boys to come with us if it makes you feel safer," he rambled on and on. I felt so bad.

"Ice, I don't want to leave you. But I don't get a say in this. Talk to my mama if you wanna convince someone," I started walking and he jogged up beside me, still trying to reason with me.
"But you're moving with Will aren't you? Even if it were up to you, you'd still leave to be with him wouldn't you? So don't start with that bullshit of how you don't wanna leave me. It's always him!" His eyes were begging me to stay as his voice cracked, "Why's it always him? What about me?"

I didn't know what to do. I never knew he felt like I didn't care about him. But it was true. I wanted to move in with Will. That's what made me feel so guilty.

"I'm sorry. Ice, seriously I am sorry but my mama is either gonna move halfway down the country or I get to move in with Will. If it were you, you'd pick him at least I'd know somebody if I move with him."
"No. You're not understanding me Jayda." Uh oh he was angry, he said my full name. " I don't want you living with Will. I don't want you away from me. If I were in the situation you were in, I'd simply refuse to leave. I wouldn't leave you. Apparently this whole thing between us must've been a one way street."

Whole thing? How could I have been so fucking oblivious? He liked me. I mean I guessed he did but now it's confirmed.

"I don't want to argue with you Ice."
"It's not an argument. Just... I don't even know anymore. Don't worry," He balled his hands into fists and put them in his pockets. My phone started ringing. It was Will. Great fucking timing. I put it back in my bag.

"You not gonna answer him?" Ice raised his eyebrows at me.
"We'll I'm with you right now, I can call him later." I shrugged my shoulders and he nodded his head but I could see the grin he was trying to hide.

"Anyway, what's this about you telling Jazz you're better than me at basketball?" It was my turn to raise my eyebrows now.
He ran off in front of me as I chased him.
"Don't hurt me! He's lying! I never said that!" I was in stitches watching him run around screaming like a little girl. That wasn't a sight you got to see very often.