15- 3am Bball

Can we push for ten/fifteen votes this chapter?

*because of the argument Jazz didn't ask her out btw*

It was about three in the morning and I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned, trying to get comfy but nothing worked. I crept around my room, slipping some shoes on and putting on a hoodie before grabbing a basketball on the way out.

I tiptoed down the hallway and the stairs, slowly peaking my head round the doorway to the living room. Will was asleep on the sofa, the tv still playing. I internally groaned and carried on with my mission. I felt like a secret agent.

As I walked round the back of the sofa towards the kitchen, Will jumped sucking in a breath. I dropped to my knees so he couldn't see me. After a few minutes, he was back to sleep so I crawled over to the kitchen and ran out the back door letting out a sigh of relief.

About twenty minutes passed of me shooting from random places on the court and practicing new dribbling skills, I noticed that I needed to practice defence but Jazz was still asleep so it would have to wait.

I heard footsteps so I turned around to try find out who it was. The white lights were too bright so I could only make out the silhouette of a tall guy standing at the gate of the courts. This is it. This is how I'll die. I shouldn't have come out by myself in the middle of the night. Especially when I'm in a rich house which people probably want to rob.

As he moved into the courts and further away from the gate, I thought about making a run for it. I held the basketball to my chest, ready to throw it in someone's face as the guy approached me. I sucked in a breath, cracking my knuckles.

"Y'alright?"
It was Will. I hit him round the back of the head.
"Never fucking do that again! I was ready to throw this at you!" I held the basketball up to his face making him laugh. I stood still catching my breath back after holding it for so long.

"Why are you out here?" he asked me.
"I could ask the same thing to you. Why are you out here, other than to go round scary people?" I asked him to which he rolled his eyes.
"It's 'cos I'm black isn't it?"
I threw the basketball at his face which he caught just in time.
"Yeah it is," I said sarcastically, "I'm black, how can I be racist?"
He laughed at my annoyance.

"Is there something you want? Or can I carry on playing?" I asked him, taking the ball from his hands.
He scratched the back of his neck, "Yeah actually erm... I'm sorry for... y'know?"
"Calling me a bitch? Replacing me? Leading me on? The list goes on so you'll have to be more specific," I smiled sweetly at him as he stood a bit taken aback.

"Erm yeah... all of that," he stood awkwardly waiting for my reply.
"Are you still with Lisa?"
"Are you still with Jazz?"
"He never asked me out. I thought he was going to," I said rolling my eyes at him. A ghost of a smile could be seen on his face at my words.

"Are we good?" he asked me nervously.
"I'm not angry anymore," was my answer.
He nodded his head smiling, "That's good enough for me."

I did a couple lay ups expecting him to have left. When I turned around he was still there.
He was looking at me, a goofy smile on his face.
"What?" I asked confused.
He shook his head and ignored the question, "Wanna play defence?"
I nodded my head, smiling with him and we played for a couple hours.

—————

We sat on the floor, both of us tired and catching our breath.
"Can I be honest with you?" Will asked, turning to face me. I nodded my head confused at what he had to tell me. "I don't want you to get with Jazz."

I scoffed, "Why?"
"I don't know... I guess I'm just jealous," he admitted. The audacity of this guy.
"You've got a girlfriend but you're jealous of me having a boyfriend? What the fuck? Why?"
"Because none of these guys know how to treat you right! He'll end up screwing it up!"
"But you know how?" I scoffed remembering when he called me a bitch less than twenty four hours ago.
"Yes, I do." he replied stubbornly.

"Then do it."
"What?"
"Be that guy! Treat me right!" I said sarcastically waving my hands in the air.
"I'd love to but I've got a girlfriend," he said sarcasm dripping out his mouth in return.
"Why are you with her then if you like me?" I confronted.

His eyes went wide, "I never... no I-.. I said I could treat you right. I don't.. nah.. whattt? Have a crush?... Nah you're trippin."
"Mhmm. Real slick," I commented getting up and walking towards the house. "We can carry this conversation on when you're single," I shouted back to him over my shoulder as I opened the back door and headed upstairs.

It was now about half five in the morning so I needed to get some sleep, even if only for two or three hours.

Authors Note
Hiiiiii
Sorry this is so short, I just thought I'd get one published now and i'll start on the next but tmrw.

What are your thoughts? Do you think she shouldn't have forgiven him?

I feel bad for making Will such a bad guy the last couple of chapters but don't worry it'll stop soon lol!

Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote n comment!

Word Count: 894