19- Court

"Now lean forwards and grab the rim," Will told me, rocking his body forwards so that my hands could touch the basketball hoop. I was on his shoulders and he was tryna teach me how to dunk. It wasn't going well.

I held onto the rim.
"Good, good. Now I'm gonna move," he said slowly backing away so my legs fell off his shoulders.
"This isn't teaching me to dunk," I said laughing as I did a pull up on the hoop.
"Oi, stop showing off," Will said jokingly as he grabbed my legs and lifted me down.

I leant backwards, his chest against my back as I put my weight on him and he basically held me up from falling backwards.
"Y'know this police stuff is all bullshit," I said, referring to the thousands of letters we were reading from them, this morning.

"I know. We didn't do nun wrong so there's nothing to worry 'bout. Plus, we got Uncle Phil, all's good," he reassured me as he put his chin on my head.
"I hope so," I muttered turning around and burying my face into his chest. It was too much pressure and I felt guilty. If it weren't for me, we wouldn't have even known Mike in the first place.

"Oi," he said pushing me back and holding onto my shoulders so I would look at him, "You know I won't let no one hurt you, right? Nothings gonna happen."
A smile crept onto my face, "Touché."
He rolled his eyes playfully , "Been in the posh ends too long, you start speaking Spanish."
"Pretty sure it's french," I said laughing at him but neither of us had a clue.

—————

"So this letter says the first court date. But only I need to go to this one and say what happened so you two will have to stay here," Uncle Phil said picking up a letter from the kitchen table. The three of us were sat around it looking at the pile of letters in front of us, overwhelmed.

"The next court date is in four days, you guys need to be there so make sure you have a suit Will, and Jayda... just wear something professional I guess. I can't really remember what girls wear," Phil said shrugging his shoulders and reaching for another letter.
"Great," I said sarcastically, having no clue what I was going to have to wear.

Just as he was about to read the next letter, Hillary came running towards us out of breath.
"Jay, we're going shopping c'mon!" She grabbed my arm and Will looked sad to have to pull his away from my waist which made me smile.

"So professional, right daddy?" Hil asked Phillip.
"Yes, mostly black as well. No bright colours. No reds. And certainly no jordans," he said looking at me sternly after the last few formal dinners that I had been wearing them. I laughed and walked out the door waving as Hillary saved me and we abandoned Will.

—————

"What about this pencil skirt, this turtle neck and... Oh! These would be perfect!" she said pointed to some knee high black leather boots. I cringed. This was not my style. I think I'd just prefer an orange jumpsuit at this point if I'm honest.

"Go try it on!" she said pushing me into a changing room before I had time to protest.
I put on the clothes nonetheless and I didn't look too bad.

The black skirt was quite risky for a court room as it ended mid thigh, a bit higher than the knee. The turtle neck was a thin white material that made me look hella important but it didn't go with the skirt well. The boots weren't half as bad as I thought they'd be.

I walked out the room.
"Oh em gee! You look so hot. Will's gonna love you!" She said clapping her hands. I raised my eyebrow at her comment and she just laughed at me.
"The turtle neck is not it though," she looked deep in thought before running towards the front of the boutique as I awkwardly stood waiting for her.

She handed me a v-neck t shirt and a blazer.
"You looked so nice in Jazz's one so this one will be good."
I shook my head laughing and went back behind the curtain to change. I can't lie, I looked like a divorced mom getting ready to handle business in getting custody of their kids but god I looked hot! *milf vibes*

The blazer was women's so it fit nicer and around my curves unlike Jazz's. I would've worn a corset just for a power move but that would definitely get me dress coded lmao.

Hillary paid for it on Phil's card and we went back to the car, piling all our bags in the trunk before she drove home and my life flashed before my eyes about six times. She was an amazing driver. That was sarcasm by the way.

—————

Me and Will sat nervously on the couch, waiting for Uncle Phil's return. Today was the day he went to court but we had to stay home. My knee was nervously bouncing but I wasn't paying enough attention to stop it.

Will put his hand on it, stopping it and smiling at me.
"It's gonna be okay Jay, I promise."
"Don't make promises you can't keep," I said sighing. Even if I didn't go jail, what about Will? Would he get charged for possession of a firearm? I'd blame myself forever.

After what felt like a lifetime, G approached the door to let Phil in. We both jumped up and ran over to the door.
"How'd it go?"
"Are we good?"
We bombarded him with questions as he put his briefcase down and smirked at us.

"I did it!"
I looked between Will and Phil, looking for the sign of a joke.
"What?" we said in unison.
"I got the footage from footlocker and presented evidence early, the judge accepted it and you're off the hook. Completely! We don't even have to go anymore to the other court date it's been cancelled!"

We all had a group hug as we thanked Uncle Phil. I thought it would've taken more than that.

"What about Mike?" I asked nervously biting my nails.
"He still has to go to the other session but they dropped all charges on you lot. He'll probably see about five to seven years. Maybe longer if they believe he did attempted murder."
"Attempted murder?" I questioned confused.
"He held a gun to you Jay. That's attempted murder," Will answered for him.

"That's crazy. I never thought of it like that. We know a murderer. Sick!" I said not fully grasping the seriousness of the situation.
"Jayda. Attempted murder? He wanted to kill you? Maybe other people too?" Phil said almost wincing for my probably idiotic response.

"Ohhh. Yeah- nah. I meant like... Erm..." I struggled to save myself. "I meant sick in the head," I exclaimed to which he nodded his head sarcastically at me.
"Mhmm." He turned to go up the stairs and Will laughed at me.

"Your actually an idiot."
"I didn't know!" I said, my voice cracking as I got accused of stuff. I noticed that both of us did that.

I hugged him again as he rested his chin on my head.
"At least we got out of that one," I said although my voice came out muffled as I spoke into his shirt.
He ruffled my hair, "Speak english amigo."
I rolled my eyes at him, "No hablo ingles,"
"I'm just gonna pretend I know what you said," he laughed as I pushed him for messing my hair up and we started play fighting.

I won in the end. Obviously.

A/n
Hey broskissssss
This one's a bit short so sorry but wanted to get the mike stuff out the way so I could move onto other things. I have a plan 😏😏😏

Oh and I know this wouldn't of happened in real life lmao I just couldn't be bothered to write all the court stuff so just skipping it. #smart

Also thought I should add some quality time with the queen herself hillary although i made her bad for a bit so soz about that lol. she can have ice tho, we don't need him.

Comment things you'd like me to add and what you thought. Don't forget to Vote!

Next update in a couple days!

Love you guysss
~aj

Word Count: 1297