[7] Night School

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time."

Isabel receives a message from Allison saying that Scott was late for their date. Immediately Isabel lets her older cousin know, and Lydia goes on a rampage. Lydia and Isabel quickly get dressed as Jackson waits in the car for the two cousins.

He picks up the phone and rings Allison's number. On the second ring, Isabel and Lydia get into the car, Isabel climbing into the back and Jackson starts driving to Allison's house. On the third ring, Allison picks up.

"Isabel says we're coming to get you," Jackson explains immediately, putting the Argent girl on loudspeaker.

"Please don't. Okay, I'm sure he's on his way. He's only-" Allison pauses. "26 minutes late." Allison sighs.

Lydia shakes her head as Isabel sits back in her seat, feeling claustrophobic in the back of the Porsche.

"You hear that? First, it's "He's only 26 minutes late," a month later it's "He only hits me when he's drunk." Slippery slope, Allison. Slippery slope." Lydia drawls and Isabel looks shocked at her cousin's remark.

"Wow, Lyd. A bit dark." Isabel breathes out.

"We're picking you up," Jackson demands and Isabel notices they are pulling up by the Argent girl's house, spotting the brunette girl standing outside waiting.

"No," Allison responds, but the Porsche pulls up beside her and Jackson rolls down the window, hanging up the phone.

"Too late. The Martin's get what the Martin's want. Come on, get in." Jackson tells Allison who is stiff with her arms crossed.

"We can stop by his place and see if he's there," Isabel suggests, sticking her head between Lydia and Jackson from the backseat.

Allison relaxes and gives a smile before her phone chimes with a notification.

"Is that him with the best explanation ever of why he's half a freaking hour late?" Lydia quizzes, leaning forward so she can see Allison past her cousin's head. Allison stares at the text confused.

"Not exactly." She breathes, moving towards the car, and Allison climbs into the backseat with Isabel.

The ginger girl gives her a big smile, and Allison shakes her head back, before laughing at the situation she had gotten herself into. Allison tells Jackson to drive to the school, and Jackson does as he is told.

"What're they doing here anyway?" Jackson asks, pulling up at the high school. The four teens stare at the dark school in confusion.

"All I got was this," Allison explains, showing the text message she received from Scott telling her to meet him at the school. Isabel furrows her brows, getting a bad feeling.