[29] Fury

"You think it can't get worse? It can

"You think it can't get worse? It can. And it will."

Isabel slowly awakes to the sound of stumbling feet on the ground, feeling her body shake from the vibrations. She opens her eyes to see Deaton holding up Derek and realises she's lay on the floor of the Hale house still; it wasn't a nightmare.

"You're going to be weak for several hours." Deaton tells Derek, holding him up so he doesn't fall.

Derek breathes heavily as he looks down at his arm. He quickly looks over at Isabel, seeing her slowly sit up, face scrunched in pain.

"It actually happened." Derek says in disbelief as he slowly moves over to help Isabel.

Deaton quickly makes his way over, helping Isabel sit up. He slowly helps her stand as Derek looks at her in realisation.

"He took your wolf side." He whispers, but Isabel and Deaton still heard it.

"Don't worry - you're still an Alpha." Deaton tells the wolf. "He siphoned the majority he needed from Isabel." He explains, watching as Isabel silently stands on her own. "You'll be weak, Isabel. Your wolf side is his now."

"Where is he?" Derek angrily asks.

"I wish I could tell you."

"Then how about you tell me what you're doing here, and why you're even helping us?" Derek motions between himself and Isabel.

"Helping your family actually used to be a pretty important part of my life. Helping you was a promise I made to your mother." Deaton tells Derek. "Alongside of the witches." Deaton motions to Isabel.

"You're the one my sister talked about. She said you're a kind of advisor?"

"She was right. And I have some advice that you need to listen to very closely right now. What Peter managed to do doesn't come without a price. He'll be physically weak, so he'll rely on the strength of his intelligence, his cunning. He's gonna come at you, Derek. He'll try to twist his way inside your head, preying on your insecurities. He'll tell you that he's the only way you can stop Gerard. Do not trust him."

"I don't trust anyone." Derek gruffly speaks, giving a gentle look to Isabel who stands with her arms wrapped around her body, her face looking lost.

"I know - if you did, you might be the Alpha you like to think you are. And, unfortunately, the one person you should trust? Doesn't trust you at all." Deaton tells Derek.

"Scott." Derek whispers.

"He's with Stilinski right now." He tells him. Isabel's head shoots up at the name. "You need to find him - you need to find him as fast as you can. I've known Gerard for a long time. He always has a plan. Something tells me it's going exactly the way he wants it to." Deaton tells him, looking down at the hole in the floor.