[20] Abomination

"The great protector; is that what I'm supposed to be?"

Deaton pulls out his supplies, stretching them out across the counter as he looks over Isabel's wound on her arm, and Scott's wound on his abdomen. Isabel stares at the dead body on the table in fear, who did that to him?

"They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk." Deaton urgently speaks, placing liquid on cotton pads and moving toward Isabel first.

"What is that?" Scott asks watching Isabel hiss as Deaton cleans the wound.

"Rubbing alcohol You don't want it to get infected, do you? You will heal the same, just not as quickly... because of Derek." Deaton explains, moving over to Scott after he quickly wraps Isabel's arm. "You won't heal as fast as you aren't 100% wolf, still part human." He directs to Isabel. She furrows her brows and watches him in disbelief.

"Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, how- How do you know anything?" Isabel asks, watching him clean Scott's wound.

"It's a longer story. What I can tell you is that I know about your kinds." Deaton begins to explain. "Your kinds? I can help." He says, before quickly cleaning away all of the supplies. "This? This is something different." He sighs, motioning to the dead body.

"Well, do you know what did it?" Scott asks, but Deaton shakes his head.

"No, but the Argents will."

Isabel's phone chimes, she quickly pulls her phone out seeing spam of messages from her Aunt Natalie asking where she was. Scott and Deaton turn to the girl as she sighs. She looks up and shakes her head, motioning to her phone.

"I'm so sorry. I need to go before my Aunt flips out." She breathes out, before quickly running off without another word from either of the two.

"This is the crucial part-they'll have a record or book, it'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered." Deaton continues to Scott as they hear the back door shut behind Isabel.

"All the things? How many different things are there? I thought Isabel was just an exception." Scott freezes as he hears a car pull up.

Deaton quickly motions for him to hide as he returns to his work as nothing happened.

"...I'm starting to think I need to buy a more prominent "Closed" sign," Deaton speaks.

"Hello, Alan. It's been a while. Last I heard, you had retired." Gerard Argent greets. Deaton stands straight at his voice, watching the group that had entered the room.

"Last I heard, you followed a code of conduct." Deaton counters. Scott presses his body against the wall, listening in to the conversation.

"If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours." Chris Argent irritably snaps.