[6] Heart Monitor

"If we must part forever, give me but one kind word to think upon, and please myself with, while my heart's breaking

"If we must part forever, give me but one kind word to think upon, and please myself with, while my heart's breaking."

After the parent-teacher conference, chaos ensued. A mountain lion ran into the parking lot, causing mass panic. Stiles' father was knocked down by a reversing car, and Allison's father shot the mountain lion dead.

The next morning, Isabel had heard the news from Allison and immediately texted Stiles. After a few messages left with no response, she decided to get dressed and go round to his house.

She made sure to perform all the actions slowly and carefully as not to throw herself off-balance with her concussion. Isabel made a quick stop at the local store to get a box of chocolates for Sheriff Stilinski.

Isabel arrived at the Stilinski house, having acquired the address from Allison, who got it from Scott. Standing on the doorstep she quickly takes a breath, hoping Stiles wouldn't be annoyed that she came round uninvited.

She knocks on the door and waits a minute for an answer. She hears shuffling behind the door before it's pulled open by none other than Stiles himself who looks shocked as he sees who it is. Isabel gives a sheepish smile.

"What are you doing?!" He asks, "You should be on bed rest over the weekend." He continues, before gently grabbing her shoulders and ushering her in. She gives a thankful smile.

"I wanted to make sure your dad was ok, Allison called and told me what happened." Isabel answers and Stiles has an unreadable expression. "I sent a few messages but you didn't respond." She gives an apologetic smile.

"Sorry, my phone is upstairs. My dad's just in the room ahead if you want to say hi." Stiles explains, before leading her into the room.

Sheriff Stilinski sits on the sofa, in comfortable sweatpants watching a football game.

"Who was it at the door? Was it that damn salesman again? Hope you told them to-" Mr. Stilinski starts as he turns his head, seeing the redhead girl behind Stiles, and immediately shuts up. "Oh! Isabel, I apologise-" he begins but Isabel gives a laugh and shakes her head.

"No need to apologise, Mr. Stilinski." She responds and he gives her a smile in response. She pulls the box of chocolates out of her bag before moving towards him on the sofa. "I got you these, it's not much but chocolates always make me feel better- so I thought-" Mr. Stilinski shakes his head.

"Oh my, you didn't have to do that." He gives a smile, "It was only a knock, nothing serious. But thank you, I do love chocolates." He takes the present graciously, immediately opening the box and popping one into his mouth.

Stiles looks at the girl in awe, he found himself falling more for her every day.

"I hope you are feeling better though, Melissa told me you had a bad concussion."