[8] Lunatic

"Every night I am dancing with your ghost

"Every night I am dancing with your ghost."

Stiles drove to the hospital and refused to leave Isabel's side. When they forced him out, he remained in the vicinity of her hospital room.

The doctors said she hadn't awoken yet, and Scott and Stiles were worried. She was bitten and should've started to heal by now. Yet it didn't seem like her body was healing at all.

The second day of Isabel's hospitalization was the night of the full moon. Scott was having trouble controlling his emotions, but his worry for Isabel managed to hold them off for now.

Scott arrives with Stiles at the hospital where they find Isabel's Aunt Natalie leaving the room, looking drained. She gives Stiles a warm smile, having recognized him from when he came to visit the girls after the DVD store accident. She gives them the go-ahead to go in.

Scott and Stiles approach the frail red-head, and after getting a nod of approval from Stiles, Scott lifts Isabel's hospital gown to reveal a blood-soaked bandage.

Stiles' breath catches in his throat at the sight and moves his eyes away. Scott gently lifts the bandage up to see the bite underneath, and when he pauses Stiles turns to look at him expectantly.

"What?" Stiles asks, worried. "It's still there isn't it?" He sighs.

"It's getting worse," Scott admits.

He shakes his head. He lowers the bandage back down, sticking it back into place. Stiles paces back and forth as Scott pulls the blanket back up over Isabel.

"Is there anything you can do?" Stiles begs, the door opens, causing the two boys to jump. Melissa stands in the entryway, before looking at the two and sighing.

"What are you boys doing in here?" She crosses her arms. The two boys look at each other before looking back at Melissa.

"We were just checking on Isabel," Scott answers, and Melissa raises a brow at him. "I didn't know you were her nurse," Scott admits, scratching his head.

"I've looked after her since she was in here with her concussion," Melissa responds, not wavering her stance.

"I've had a crush on her since third grade, so I wanted to make sure she's ok." Stiles blurts out, and Melissa's accusatory look falls into one of sympathy.

"Oh- Stiles, I'm sorry. I didn't know." Melissa comforts, "Do you want me to go over her chart with you?" The two boys nod quickly in response. Melissa flicks through the chart, before giving the two a warning glare. "This did not happen, ok?" Scott and Stiles give a slow but firm nod.

"The doctor looking after her says her body is reacting to the animal bite. It's like her cells are attacking instead of healing the wound." She explains.