[22] Protector

"We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry

"We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry."

♰ ♰ ♰

Scott pulls Stiles and Allison aside into one of the side classrooms to talk.

"Derek's waiting outside for Lydia and Isabel." He explains to the two.

"Waiting to kill them?" Allison asks, concerned as Scott shrugs.

"If he thinks one of them is the Kanima, then yes - especially after what happened at the pool," Scott explains.

"It's not her," Stiles demands. "And it's not Lydia either."

"Stiles, they didn't pass the test, man. Nothing happened." Scott sighs.

"No, it can't be her," Stiles mumbles to himself, placing his hands on his head.

"It doesn't matter, because Derek thinks it's one of them." Allison breaths out. "So, either we can convince him that he's wrong, or we've got to figure out a way to protect them. Is it really right to not tell her? To not tell Izzy?" Allison sighs.

"Well, I really don't think he's gonna do anything here. Not at school." Scott answers. "And it's best if she doesn't know. I don't want to worry her." Scott says, running the hands through his hair.

"What about after school?" Allison asks, but Scott just sighs in defeat. "What if we can prove that Derek's wrong?"

"By three o'clock?" Stiles asks, voice cracking from the panic building in his body.

"There could be something in the Bestiary." Allison points out.

"Oh, you mean the nine-hundred-page book written in archaic Latin that none of us can read? Good luck with that." Stiles sighs, pacing around the room.

"Actually, I think I know someone who might be able to translate it," Allison mumbles, thinking back to Ms. Morell.

"Uh, I can talk to Derek, maybe convince him to give us a chance to prove that it's not either of them? But, if anything happens, you guys let me handle it, okay?" Scott begs. Allison frowns.

"What does that mean?" Allison questions.

"That you can't heal like I do," Scott explains, before noticing the annoyed look on Allison's face. "I just don't want you to get hurt." Allison stands, moving over to her bag and pulling out her collapsible crossbow.

"I can protect myself." Allison insists, holding the crossbow.

Stiles shrugs at the huntress and Scott looks off to the side, recounting his talk with Gerard.

"What? Did something else happen?" Allison asks as they meet eyes.

"I just don't want you getting hurt. Seriously, if anything goes wrong, you call me, okay? I-I don't care if your dad finds out. Call, text, scream, yell, whatever. I'll hear you and I'll find you as fast as I can." Scott insists. Allison gives a small nod. "We have until three," Scott tells her before leaving the room.