[16] Lost and Found

"You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares

"You learned to run from what you feel, and that's why you have nightmares. To deny is to invite madness. To accept is to control."

The next morning at school, Stiles explains to Scott what his father had discovered as he interviewed Mr. Lahey and his son; Isaac. They worked at the cemetery that had a grave robbery last night. A body had been dug up and the liver had been stolen. Scott looks at Stiles in shock as he explains what was taken.

"They ate the liver?" Scott asks, appalled at the information. Stiles rolls his eyes and scoffs as they make their way into school.

"No, I didn't say they ate it. I just said it was missing." He explains. "Maybe it was just Lydia, doubt it would have been Izzy - she doesn't seem like a liver girl."

"What? More of a lung girl?" Scott jokes, Stiles frowns at his best friend.

"Well, I was going to say she would just go straight for the heart." Stiles mumbles, "And, you know what? Even if they did, so what? It's the most nutritious part of the body." He defensively responds. Scott gives Stiles a dumbfounded look.

"I never ate anyone's liver..." He mumbles.

"Yeah, right. 'Cause, when it comes to Werewolves, you're a real model of self-control..." Stiles says sarcastically before a thought enters his head and he stops Scott from continuing into the school. "Actually, wait- hold on. You're the test case for this, so we should be going over what happened to you."

"What do you mean?" Scott frowns.

"I mean, like, what was going through your mind when you were turning, you know? What were you drawn to?"

"Allison." Scott sheepishly responds, with a shrug. Stiles gives him a frustrated look.

"Okay, nothing else? Seriously?" He breathes out.

"Nothing else mattered. But, no, that's good, though, right? 'Cause the night that Lydia was bitten, she was with you and Isabel. And if Isabel is leading Lydia to places, you were with Isabel the whole night."

"Yeah, but they were looking for Jackson." Stiles grimly responds before sighing.

"Let's go! I have an announcement! Gather 'round! Quicker! Danny put a shirt on. Stilinski! That means you! Let's go, gather 'round!" Coach shouts through the changing rooms, slowly gathering all the lacrosse team.

"Listen up- police are asking for help on missing children advisories. It's two sick girls... roaming around... totally naked - well, one of them." He explains as chuckles and whistles are heard around the room. "Now, it's supposed to get below forty degrees tonight. I don't know about you, but the last time it was that cold and I was running around naked... I lost a testicle to exposure!" He dramatically explains, the team watching him confused.