[15] Omega

"Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, and ages, it is the rule

"Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, and ages, it is the rule."

Outside of the Martin girl's shared room, Stiles is sprawled out over several chairs in the lobby - where he has fallen asleep. He spent his weekend outside in the lobby, waiting for any sort of update on both of the girls.

Yesterday, Isabel had woken up and he couldn't have been happier. When he was allowed to see her, she seemed dazed and out of it but mostly was more worried for Lydia.

When the doctors said she could get out of bed, she spent the entire afternoon holding Lydia's hand and she was the first person to see Lydia awake. They share a look, eyes filled with tears as they each take in the other's fragile state. Isabel and Lydia just held each other for a while - until the doctors were notified that Lydia had woken up.

"Yes, just like that... No, you first..." Stiles mumbles to himself. Melissa walks into the lobby and gives Stiles an exasperated look, but he remains asleep and muttering to himself. "Oh, me first?" He giggles and snorts in his sleep, his hand falling off of the chair as Melissa shakes her head at the teenager.

Isabel stands and limps over to the other bed, offering a hand to Lydia that she graciously takes to help her out of bed. Lydia slowly sits up, hissing in pain at the bite on her side and Isabel watches her worryingly.

Lydia takes a second to sit and catch her breath before gripping onto Isabel's forearms to pull herself up. Isabel catches the concerned look her Uncle gives the pair and gives a small smile before returning her full attention to Lydia.

"You want help getting in the shower?" Lydia's father asks, feeling useless watching his niece look after his daughter. Lydia shoots Isabel an annoyed look before turning her head to face her father.

"Maybe if I was four, and still taking bubble baths." She responds snidely, before grabbing Isabel's hand. "Isabel is going to look after me." She finishes, as they limp into the attached bathroom, Mr. Martin sighs.

"Right. I'll just wait outside, then. Where it's slightly less sarcastic." He huffs to himself before letting himself out of the girl's room. He steps outside and notices Stiles passed out on the chairs and gives a confused look to Melissa. "He's been here all night?"

"He's been here all weekend," Melissa responds, as Mr. Martin shakes his head. Stiles remains asleep, a nurse bends down next to his head to empty the trash.

"You're dirty." He mutters to himself.

The nurse turns to him shocked and shakes her head before leaving with the trash. The noise wakes Stiles and he jolts up from his strewn position, knocking the balloon he had brought for Isabel out of his way. Isabel closes the door to the bathroom as Lydia reaches into the shower, turning it on with a squeak.