[23] Frenemy

"There is always some madness in love

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."

Allison drives Isabel and Lydia back to their house. The drive is awkward as the silence burns through the air. Allison pulls up outside the girl's house and takes a deep breath, rubbing her forehead with her hands. Lydia watches her as she turns to face her.

"I need you to promise that you won't say anything about what just happened," Allison speaks.

"I'll promise not to say anything about what just happened if you can tell me what the hell just happened!" Lydia exclaims.

"It- It's kinda complicated. I..." Allison stumbles over her words.

"How about you start with: why was Derek there? Or, where Jackson went? Or what is wrong with Erica?!" Allison clenches her jaw as Isabel sits quietly in the back. "Oh, do you need a minute to come up with a plausible lie?"

"Part of the reason I'm asking is because Scott and I aren't supposed to be seeing each other, ok? So, it's better if you just keep what you know to yourself."

"Fine." Lydia snaps. "I'll keep what I know about you and your boyfriend, which is nothing, to myself." Lydia breathes out, shaking her head as she starts to exit the car.

Allison reaches out, stopping Lydia from leaving.

"Hey." She calls out softly. "He's not just my boyfriend you get that, right?" Lydia looks at the brunette annoyed.

"Let me go." Lydia coldly snaps.

"Just for one second - please. Just try to remember-"

"Remember what?!" She interrupts, impatiently.

"Remember what it feels like," Allison explains. "What it feels like all those times in school when you see him standing down the hall, and you cannot breathe until you're with him." Allison breathes out, "Or those times in class when you... you can't stop looking at the clock because you know he's right out there waiting for you! Don't you remember what that's like?" Lydia watches the girl in silence before slightly shaking her head.

"No," Lydia responds truthfully.

"What do you mean no? You've had boyfriends." Allison asks confused.

"None like that." Lydia quietly breathes out, before leaving the car without another word. Isabel and Allison sit silently, taking in Lydia's words.

Isabel exits the back seat and jumps into the front seat. She gives Allison a look of frustration.

"I don't know why you all kept this from me, but I want to know everything." She demands the huntress.

Allison sighs, looking at her best friend guiltily. After having Allison catch her up on the latest supernatural issue in their lives, Isabel heads back inside her house to find Lydia.