Six: At All Odds

393 More words for you to read! Well, including these guys on top... It's now 412, so enjoy my darlings!

Six: At All Odds

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

"That was really fun!", I said to Robin as he parked outside of my house. "You guys really play well."

"Thanks.", he shrugged and ran his fingers through his hair with a smile.

The sun's reign in the sky was slowly waning, yet I could still see the bright blue sky in Robin's eyes. His eyes shifted onto mine, and I swiftly looked away.

"Shall I walk you?", he asks with awkward politeness and stretches out his arm for me to hold

I smile, "Why, thank you Sir Grayson."

"Anything for you Miss Hale.", he jokes and I take his hand.

The door was opened by Vera Lynn. She raises and eyebrow at me, "Well, it's about time Elsa Hale."

Then she notices Robin and instantly fixes up her posture and her expression, "Oh, hi Robin."

"Hey, Veer.", he replies sheepishly. "Heard you were going to college in two weeks."

"Oh, yeah.", Vera Lynn waves a hand in the air. "Come on in."

The smell of over-baked lasagna filled the room. I swear I could even make out a tiny cluster of fumes in the kitchen.

"Is something burning?", I ask Vera Lynn and she follows me to the kitchen.

Daddy was crouching down, peeping at the heated window of the oven. He glanced up at me, "Oh, Elsa, dear. You're here. I tried to make your favorite, but I don't think it's as good as Mom's." He smiled a bit and wiped the beads of sweat off his forehead.

I looked at him, confused, "Daddy, you could have burned the whole house down."

"I know, I know.", he nods. "I'm sorry, darling. For everything. I just didn't know, and-"

"Daddy, it's okay.", I approach him and gave him a hug. "You are now forgiven, and please. Next time, just get Chinese. I'll like that too."

He chuckles and sees Robin leaning on the doorframe.

"Robin! Good to see you.", he approaches Robin and gives him that man hug thing. "How's your dad, Bruce?"

"Oh, he's alright Mr. Hale.", he replied with again, that awkward politeness. I tried my best not to laugh behind Dad, 'cause Robin is seriously going to kill me and etcetera. "He's actually in Arkham right now, investigating a murder, and he suspects that a patient in the asylum has something to do with it."

"Well, your father is quite lucky that you're responsible enough to be on your own. On the other hand, I got three girls who are a handful."