Seven: One Last Time

Hey everyone! Thanks for supporting the story.

Tap here to listen to something :)

Excuse my fidgeting voice, since I had no script in this thing, and I will never have one. I'm stayin' weird and spontaneous for all of you :)

Follow me on SoundCloud to get this first @SummerSnowQueen :D

Seven: One Last Time

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

The next day, I woke up seeing my tiny standee of Jack sitting on top of my bedside table.

"Good morning...", I whispered to the lifeless paperboard with a relentless snow-white smile.

This is how my day usually starts... being surrounded by hundreds of fan merch that I bled for. Every single one mattered to me... Geez, I even framed the wrappers of the chicken wings that Dad bought (which Jack advertises). I don't even understand why he actually liked those chicken wings. There's nothing even special about it.

I dragged myself out of bed with disgust at my morning breath and hair. By this time, I would have gone to the bathroom already... And I'm going to be late again.

Wait, the last day was yesterday...

I glanced at my phone... June 3 it says...

Summer. Is. Here.

I had a wide grin as I went downstairs, leaving Anna looking at me very suspiciously.

"Hey, Els.", she waved her hands in front of me. "Are you okay?"

"It's summer.", I exclaimed. "Finally."

"You mean it's finally your most hated season of the year?", she asked and grabbed the Cinnamon Toast Crunch box.

"Well, yeah, but vacation starts today.", I said.

Anna glanced up at the ceiling and giving out a sigh, "Oh yeah..."

Soon, Daddy goes out of the bathroom saying, "Elsie, would you please get the mail?"

I dropped my spoon and headed out the door, "Okay, Daddy."

The only thing that I hated about summer was the heat. I mean, really... The heat is something that always bothered me, but for Anna, it's basically her territory. For Vera Lynn, I think she's more of a spring/fall girl. She loves watching flowers bloom, and maple leaves change color. Aaand, she's boho chic inspired, and I'm the preppy princess-y type, and Anna is somehow a rainbow hipster... more of a hippie now I guess.

I stepped outside and took in the heat. The sun was up in the sky, showering bright orange light on the pavement of our block.

From afar, I can see Robin in his usual perch... I mean porch... strumming his guitar. He glanced up and smiled in my direction. And most probably, all he saw was me frowning under the sun's relentless glare.