Fourteen: Up To You

Hello to Echosmith fans there! This chapter's title is dedicated to my fave song out of Talking Dreams, and well, it really has nothing to do with what's in this chapter.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, the holy video is on top. Welcome to the fandom.

Have fun, and continue being sparkly and potato-ey, and all. <3

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

The setting sun signaled the end of the day, the end of another page in our life... but to me, this was a beautiful new page to my whole world.

Soon enough, it was dark, and we finally needed to end our day... but I didn't want to.

"So, shall I take you home?", he asked me, his eyes still icy blue, as if they were glowing in the dark.

I smiled, trying to keep the beat of my heart its normal pace, "You don't have to..."

"I insist.", he smiled. "I'm curious about where you live."

"Plot twist," I joked. "You're just a Jack Frost look-alike, and you're stalking me to get some information."

"Man, cover blown.", he joined along with my laughter.

The walk to my house isn't too long, and we almost had the entire night to walk there, if we wanted to.

"Is your dad home?", he asked.

"He doesn't come home until about 11 in the evening...", I replied. "You scared of running into him?"

"Not really...", he smirks. "All parents love me."

"Sure.", I rolled my eyes.

Somehow, we passed by a playground on the way to my house, and I sat on the swing for a moment. He sat on the seat beside me, and started swinging himself around.

"I'd also like to tell him that he better be careful, 'cause his daughter might be swiped away from him at any moment.", he added.

Be steady, my dear heart

"I doubt that.", I said. "I'm a Daddy's Girl."

"I'd tell your mom that.", he said after.

I shook my head, "That's pretty impossible..."

"I can just walk up right on your doorstep, and tell your mom.", he said. "Pretty possible to me."

"I mean, you really can't do that.", I replied with a soft voice. "She... She's not here anymore."

Realizing what he had just said, he stood up from his seat, and crouched down to face me in mine, "Oh, wow. Sorry..."

"It's fine.", I replied. "I've learned to live without it."

"I have never experienced losing someone... or losing anything.", he added. "I've always had everything that I wanted"

"I know.", I ducked my head. "I miss her so much."

He pulled me up from my seat, and we continued walking down the moonlight lit pavement.