Sixteen: Loved You First

Since we are on a One Direction roll (or maybe that's just me), the title is then again, a 1D song. I've been meaning to put this song down on this book because it really reminded me of Robin. Now, go ahead and listen to it, and tell me you liked it :3

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

My hands trembled as I slid out a creamy piece of paper from the envelope. Inside the letter was Robin's usual handwriting— neat, with a boyish touch.

I couldn't imagine that he would send me a letter... Whatever for?

I took a deep breath, and sunk myself in his words.

Dear Elsa,

That should be me. The one taking you home to your houseeven though we just live a few blocks away, it should be me.

Even though you just met him, I should be the one.

And now when I see you and him, it tears my world apart...

Because I was the only one who loved you from the start

That was only the beginning of his letter, yet I already was so dumbfounded. 

He loved me? How come I never truly noticed? Was I that oblivious to what he felt?

How come he never told me?

If he did, would anything even change?

I've been waiting all this time to finally say it, but now I see your heart has been taken...

And nothing could be worse.

Baby, I loved you first...

And I still do... I love you, Elsa Hale... I was first, but I'm sorry that I was a coward, and you never heard from me.

Yours forever,
Robin

I looked up from the letter to see Robin standing before me. His face was all sorry, and filled with regret.

"I should have told you," he started.

"Robin..."

"I should have kissed you," he continued.

"Please, don't..."

"I should have showed you that I love you so much," he said— his voice breaking apart. "So that you wouldn't come out here chasing for his heart, when you already got mine."

I approached him and cupped his face into my hands, "Robin, it... It would have changed nothing."

"I don't believe you," he pressed on, holding the both of my hands on his cheeks. "I know you feel something for me, I just know it. You just never really let it out because of your stupid crush on Jack.

"I'm... I'm sorry," I told him— my voice also breaking with his hopes. "I'm sorry I never noticed. I'm sorry I never gave you a chance."