Twenty Five: Regrets and Expectations

i'm sorry if this is too late and too short :< writer's blocks are pure evil akumas and make me feel lazy.

  - - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳ 

"Please tell me that I made the right decision," I told Anna as I tried to hoard all of our stuffed toys to make me feel any better. "I have the right to be honest to him, right?"

"Yeah, you do," she replied quietly. "But in the real world, the most probable cliché choice you would make is to choose your best friend."

"I know, I know!" I cried out into my pillow. "I just... I just don't feel anything for him."

"Then why are you asking me this, if you feel nothing at all?" Anna raised an eyebrow.

God, she's right.

I groaned more into my pillow, "But I don't feel it as much as he does for me."

"Well, it was your choice," she shrugged. "You chose an unstable twig in the river a tiny, floating ship... instead of a brick that sank to the bottom for you."

I looked up at her for a second, "So you do think that I made the wrong decision."

"Yeah..." Anna bit her lip and looked over to her side. "You kind of sunk my ship ever since I was five."

I stayed up in my room all night in the same position as I was the whole afternoon — buried underneath my Teletubbies plushies. I kept on wondering if the decision I made was an impulse decision, or if it was the rightful decision I had to make. 

"Do you think we could still be friends, Anna?" I asked her another question.

"Now? No," she said. "But soon, yeah. You know Robin simply can't get enough of you."

"But what if he never wants to see me again, so he could move on?"

"Him? Never want to see you?" Anna snorted. "That's impossible. He has to love you too much now."

"How long have you known that? Or how long have you shipped the both of us?" I asked her, trying to form a small smile.

"Remember that day when we first moved in?" she started out. "I mean, I must have been five or so, but I still quite remember that long, piercing stare that he had on you when you stepped out of the car."

"What?" my eyes widened. "He was staring at me?"

"Yeah. All the way inside the house," she nodded. "I swear I saw him smiling as I peeked out of the window. And you guys have been inseparable ever since."

"Has he told you anything?"

"He did," she nodded once again. "He always asked me what were your newest favorite things whenever it was your birthday, or Christmas... or even in just plain, normal days. He would always rant to me about how much he wanted to tell you, but he never really got a chance."

I lost words to say when I heard that. I know I shouldn't be regretting anything because I know that I really want to be with Jack, but after all that Anna told me, I felt like I was making a big mistake for breaking Robin's heart.