Twenty-Eight: Illusion

I can't even begin to apologize. Here's the long awaited update to this hella slow story

Sᴏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ﹐
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ·s ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴ ɪʟʟᴜsɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ

- - - - - Elsa - - - - - ➳

"Jack, I..." I brought my hand to touch his face. Granted, the sky was already dark, but I could still imagine his blue eyes burning against mine. I had dreamt about this moment for as long as I could remember. All the fanfictions I have read have helped me imagine this very day.

And now that I'm right here in front of him now with him telling me all that, I was speechless, lost in thought, and most importantly, confused.

Where's that feeling?

I know I've loved him, but was that just loving him as a fan? Is loving the real him any different?

I didn't know what to respond. I opened my mouth, but no words came out. I couldn't reject him, nor could I confess anything, either. I was going there, but I wasn't there, yet.

"I know, you're confused, angel," He said, holding the hand I placed on his cheek. "You've gone through so many revelations. You don't even know where to start. You don't even know if you truly have loved me so much, like I have for you, but you don't need to be scared. We have time, Elsa. I'm going to give you as much time as you need."

"I'm going to make you fall in love with me," he exclaimed - holding my two hands tighter, closing in our foreheads, his deep breath against my nose. "With the real me, like no other tabloid has ever heard of before."

"Jack, you've given me what I've dreamed of years... You," I said, pulling back my head a bit, but still holding my gaze. "Thank you for falling in love with me. I... I don't know what else to say. I'm just a normal girl, Jack. In a matter of weeks, Jack, you've made me feel like I'm the only girl that matters."

"Angel," he started, flashing his Cheshire cat smile. "You're no normal girl, Elsa. If you were, then how the hell could you keep me up all night thinking about you?"

That was all it took for me to profusely blush and simultaneously pull him into a kiss.

When we pulled away, he smirked and said, "Now tell me, angel. Do you believe in love?"

• • •

The next morning was granted the loudest I've ever woke up on. Somehow a larger boat has spotted us and has safely pulled us back to the shore, where everyone else was hustling around wondering wherever Jack and the boat went overnight.

I sat up, my eyes all groggy and started to look around the place for someone familiar. Zoe's streaked bob came into my view, and she started to hug me and check my face.

"Are you alright?" She asked. "The entire town now knows you've been missing! Your dad probably has called at least three police stations from all over the town. Not only that, but you were missing with Jack Frost!"