Prologue

"You cannot always control who walks into your life, but you can control which window you throw them out of"

"Chaos is merely order waiting to be deciphered"

Order and control is something that many people conform to, it is their sense of peace and comfort. Many want control to feel powerful. Many want order for respect. 

Some want order to feel free. And so they seek it. It's what makes human beings so interesting. But those who seek order never understand how important it truly is. They always think they're doing the right thing because they're following orders, even though they know they don't know what that means.

But there is someone who doesn't want it for those things, her name is Persephone. Ruler of the supernatural.

Persephone is an ancient being with a long and mysterious history. She has existed for centuries, witnessing kingdoms rise and fall and accumulating vast knowledge and power along the way. Her origin is shrouded in mystery, with only fragments of her past known to those who dare seek the truth. Like her father, she is immensely powerful and has little patience for those she considers weak or foolish.

Persephone doesn't want power because she already has it. She doesn't need respect when you are feared. Persephone is one of the most cold-hearted creatures ever in existence. Compassion is not even a word that would be uttered in her presence.

She cannot feel love. Or so people say. Having existed for a long time, she learned the challenges of maintaining connections and relationships. No matter how hard she tried, people grew distant over time or sadly passed away. The feeling of losing someone or something so close to her—was something she never wanted to experience again.

If you were able to look at the connections she has between people, you would see nothing; she shares nothing with anybody. They can give off emotions, but on her side, there is nothing. What is not known is that this was not by choice but as a way to protect herself against anything that wished her harm. No one could be used as an emotional weapon against her.

Could that change? Could someone be capable of causing her harm? Could that make her vulnerable? Could that hurt her feelings? Would she even care enough to try and understand why someone might feel differently about her?

No. That person did not exist. Persephone never needed anyone. She didn't need to open her heart to a person, nor does she want to. Was there a chance that she would find true love?

...

The Volturi Kings loved having control and power, especially Aro. He loved power and was best known for his love of it. The Volturi is made up of powerful people; without them, they are nothing. It is something they hold dear. They keep the vampire world under control and are well known for not offering second chances.

Order and control are things that many people conform to; they are their sense of peace and comfort. Many want control to feel powerful. Many want order for respect. Many want respect from others. But no matter what, everyone has one thing in common: they fear the volturi, especially Aro.

He is polite to the point of being at complete ease even in the most objectionable of situations. But beneath this facade of optimistic giddiness, he is power-hungry, smart with his actions, and highly manipulative. He enjoys being right and getting what he wants. He loves watching his enemies fall apart and break down before him. There is one thing about Aro that creates an unsettling feeling in others, which is his Cheshire cat-like grin, which adds a touch of madness to his appearance.

The Volturi itself is a civilized coven of vampires, the largest and most powerful one, and enforce the laws of the vampire world. The equivalent of royalty in the vampire world. the Volturi consists of 3 core members Aro, Caius and Marcus. Aside from these head members, it also consists of a collection of powerfully imposing vampires. They are also considered 'nighttime patrons of the arts' as, because of their inability to sleep, they study the arts at night. The Volturi act as guardians, keeping the secret society of vampires hidden from the human world as needed.