Οκτώ; Introductions

"The most important trip you may take in your life is meeting people halfway"

The sun was shining in all its brilliance through the windowpane that looked down into the garden. The air smelt like flowers and fruit and warm sunshine, which contrasted with the cool air coming through from the open windows that were not shut to keep it out. It was too early for the birds to be singing, but it was too late for the leaves to be turning.  Everything around them still had to wait until nightfall before being seen by the sun. This was the life of the vampires. The first day was always so beautiful that everyone could hardly believe what they saw. She could see her reflection as if she were looking right at herself in the mirror. Her long hair was tied back into a braids so it couldn't get caught in the wind or be blown away by the breeze coming from the open window. That would definitely ruin her look. As it was she only had one piece of hair ribbon and she didn't want to waste a second longer than she needed. She knew what she was doing and how she had to do it. This is where she was meant to be. Where her destiny was supposed to lead her to.

The future. It was written in her blood, the lines in her hand that would guide her throughout life. Even with this revelation she still didn't know how the hell she had been born and raised, like the rest of those poor, unfortunate souls.

Today would be the day she met the rest of the Volturi coven that were going to give her a new purpose. One purpose to fulfill and one that no one else seemed to have any desire to fulfil. Was she nervous. the answer would be no, no she wasn't. After all these years she still wasn't sure why she was here. She was still not sure what her role in the world was supposed to be, but her name was Persephone Night and she was destined for greatness. There was nothing more that she could do. Nothing that she wanted. Nothing that she needed anymore. The only thing left on earth that she really cared about, was her friends and family. Not many people understood her true self, the side of herself that was always hidden behind the façade of being a ruthless queen.

"Are you ready  amore mio" (my love) Marcus asked the question from the doorway of their chambers. He stood there with a warm smile on his face. Persephone's heart melted just a little at his kindness. His sweet nature. The only thing she was ever truly grateful for in life."Yes my love let us go meet the guards" she smiled back in response, placing the book she had been reading aside before walking out of bed and following him to the throne room. Which was currently filled with guards, all of them dressed in the same formal clothing, ranging in different shades of grey up to black which she assumed were the elite guards. All except her guards, who were wearing something different, like their own uniforms.