έντεκα: The Letter

"On wrongs swift vengeance waits

"On wrongs swift vengeance waits."

"Revenge is an act of passion; vengeance of justice. Injuries are revenged; crimes are avenged."

Danger lurks in the darkness of the night and the hidden in the shadows. The darkness hides all manner of evil, from a simple mugging to deadly poison. The shadows are a treacherous place where any human being could be swallowed whole. So if anyone knew what the shadows hid.

The darkness hides its face and it does not wish to be seen by those who would harm it, but that does not mean that it cannot cause trouble. It is there waiting for the right opportunity to strike and it will make the time it needs to kill them come soon.It waits as patiently as it can, but when the opportunity presents itself, it strikes before anyone can defend themselves or see it coming.
Its patience is short lived because there are two people that it has decided it wishes to kill tonight – and they go by Stefan and Vladimir

Vengeance waits, in the depths of its eyes as it watches the light flickers. It watches and the shadow shifts closer. These creatures wants them dead so badly. 

...

The day was beautiful. The clouds were high and blue and the breeze had the smell of summer. It was a sunny day outside, the italian sun shining brilliantly. The air had a sweet scent to it as well, the smell of fresh grass and the scent of roses seemed to be stronger than the rest. The birds sang happily in the trees that lined the streets and there were smiles on most faces, happy to have such a warm weather. People laughed and ran around like they always do. Children played in the street with their mothers and fathers while others took picnics together. The children's laughter could be heard above the din. The sounds of nature surrounded them and filled the air of this quiet little corner of Italy. Everything was so peaceful. So normal. There was nothing out of place for once. And yet all too much for one young lady sitting behind her desk. The woman was dressed casually with a white shirt, black skirt and a red ribbon tied into a bow behind her neck, her dark brown locks flowing down to the middle of her back. She sat perfectly still at the chair as she gazed blankly at a letter that was placed open her desk. Contemplating whether or not she should hand the letter to the ones it is addressed to as she had a feeling this letter was not that or happy news and everyone was in high spirit due to the events of yesterday.  

Bianca walks down the corridor with a single letter addressed to the Volturi Kings and their Queen. The letter was sealed with a blood red stamp which had a design that resembled three intertwined circles of flames. In addition, there were two sets of runes inscribed around it; one of them was an R; while another was a V.

This wasn't any seal either. It was the crest of the Romanias. It was very very rare for them to send anything to the Volturi, especially a letter.

Upon arriving at the throne room doors Santiago pushed them open. "Aw our Bianca has a letter for us" Aro spoke in false enthusiasm "What is it Aro?" Marcus questioned 

He opened the letter  becoming more tense with each word, after he finished he passed it to Marcus not trusting his on voice. Once Caius got the letter however he made his fury known with a dark threatening growl  

Felicitări pentru găsirea partenerului, bucurați-vă de el în timp ce încă mai puteți pentru că venim și tot ce aveți va cădea împreună cu dvs.

Timpul tău este de până

Nu vei mai conduce

🩸🩸

Congratulations on finding your partner, enjoy it while you still can because we are coming and all you have will fall along with you

Your time is up
You won't rule anymore

"We have encountered this pest before, we have crushed them beneath our boot before. And we shall again!" Aro's voice boomed across the large chamber. "I say we take them out and be done with it" Caius growled. 

He'd been sitting in his throne the entire time listening to Aro about whether to take action against the Romanians or not. His eyes flashed with anger at their actions. "Non ci hanno mostrato pietà, quindi perché non restituiamo il favore"  (They have shown us no mercy, so why don't we return the favour) he spat. His dark skin tone darkened to red, his eyes gleaming dangerously. Aro raised his eyebrows, "That is certainly an interesting thought" he said, his smile widening maliciously. 

"Call Persephone she must be told of this" Marcus spoke interrupting the two. "Felix go get Persephone tell her it is of urgency."  

...

After hearing the urgency in Felix's voice Persephone made haste towards the throne room her dark emerald cloak billowing behind her. Her heels clicked sharply on the marble floors as she descended and her red lips pulled back into an almost predatory smile as she waved her hand and the doors flew open "Qual è il problema, cosa vi ha fatto sembrare tutti così provocati?" (what is the matter, what has gotten you all looking so provoked?) Her tone was light but dangerous. The six vampires in the throne room froze for an instant then they looked at each other silently before turning to face Persephone "Abbiamo appena ricevuto questo. Leggilo" (We've just received this. Read it) Aro's voice was calm though his eyes shone with fury. 

He held out a piece of paper to her and Persephone took it delicately, glancing down at the words before she ignited the letter in her hand whilst her eyes filled with deadly malice. The flames licked greedily at the pages until they were reduced to cinders then she tossed them aside. After a few moments of silence she spoke "Vogliono la guerra poi la riceveranno e la perderanno" (They want war then they shall receive it and lose it) Her words hung heavily in the air before she rose from her chair, her hands curling into fists she let loose a low growl then swept from the throne room."The time has come for us to show them that nobody threatens the Volturi"

And the preparation for war began.

The first thing Persephone did after meeting up with the others was a call to her father, Hades. Her father was the only one that she knew would be able to help. He was one of her earliest mentors and she trusted him above any other. They had been through many battles together over the centuries and it would be foolish not to seek his opinion. She couldn't win this one alone. 

 There were no more idle thoughts about the future; only hard work and strategy and a need to prepare their troops. It was the most important part of any plan of attack. Whilst Persephone spent long hours in the training yards, working with her warriors, drilling them, making sure none of them faltered or showed the slightest sign of weakness. They were not to be taken lightly, they had to fight well or die trying. Marcus, Aro, Caius and Hades were planning and strategizing the battle. Both Caius and Hades had the strategies and knew the most about war. Aro and Marcus were the sly and cunning ones taking in all the information to ever possible situation.

...

A nice long chapter for you guys to enjoy 

Ready for what's next.