δέκα: The Unwanted Sparkly Gift

"April hath put a spirit of youth in everything."

"If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings."

It's the first of April you know what that means.

Persephone found herself in a rather mischievous mood, being April Fools she is planning a prank on her unsuspecting coven members. Not just her own but also Felix her partner in crime. This particular day is supposed to be the happiest they will ever have been. Today they can do anything they want without fear of retribution. However, today they decided for a little game, and Persephone was going to play her part. It's only fair that she should get the first shot at it, after all, who else would dare try and pull a prank on an immortal Kings especially one with with mind reading capabilities?

"Are you sure this will work? I really don't see where we're gonna start?" Felix asks for probably the fifth time since she had told him about their plans. "You worry too much Felix, everything will work out alright, now shut up and let me think." She hisses playfully as she begins pacing back and forth, tapping her chin as she thinks. Alright, how many times have I said this, the best way to prank someone is to do it when it is less expected.

Persephone and Felix made a simple yet fun trick, and Persephone decided that this day was a good time to make the prank known. They didn't want anyone knowing.

Persephone and Felix set up the prank outside, the doors to the throne room were left slightly open to allow anyone to walk into the throne room without being noticed, which was exactly why they had left the doors cracked open. The trick itself wasn't very difficult, it took them mere minutes to set it up. All that had to be done was put pressure pads on the Kings thrones so as they sat down the buckets of bright pink glitter paint would pour all over them from there place on one of the beams above the thrones. It would be hilarious.

Now we wait. They thought while waiting patiently behind their door."It's almost time," Persephone whispered in excitement as the clock neared 4pm. The duo waited quietly, just like before, but they could hear the sound of footsteps getting closer, and closer. After what seemed forever, 3 figures passed by the doorway.

"Here goes nothing." Persephone whispered. The kings entered talking among themselves oblivious to the devastation that faced them. They sat down the thrones, Persephone giggled quietly. As soon as they sat down pink glitter poured down upon them from above. They looked up in astonishment, then looked around frantically trying to spot who had done this. As soon as they did they screamed, the prank had succeeded. There was no longer any doubt, those fools had been pranked! Persephone and Felix laughed at their predicament, then the King's attention turned to the other two figures. They saw that their guards weren't doing much better than they were. They too had received the prank, however, instead of standing frozen with horror they seemed to have doubled over laughing uncontrollably at the situation.