21

It's been two weeks since Arieon found out she was pregnant, she had done a good job in keeping the information from Enzo.

Lucas was crushed that she was pregnant but he had to force a smile to support her. He was falling deeply for a married pregnant woman. He was so pathetic.

"What did you want to tell me?", Arieon asked him. They were in their favorite hanging out spot in the McDonald's restaurant. He let out a sigh and rub his face with his hand.

"I don't know how to say this, Arieon", he admitted. "Just tell me", she said as she drank her smoothie. "Arieon, I love you", he confessed as he locked eyes with her.

She frowned, "I love you too. Why are you acting weird?". He let out a frustrated sigh and covered his face with his hands. "You understand how much I love you. It hurts to see you happy about your pregnancy and happily married while I'm here sulking about not meeting you first", he said and let out a sigh after his speech.

Arieon looked at him in shock. She couldn't say anything because she didn't know what to say. What could she say?

"Lucas", she said and he nodded. "I know, I'm pathetic for falling for you but I just can't help it. Your husband is a very lucky man to have you. I must confess though, I'm jealous", he said. He laughed bitterly as he stood up. She grabbed his arm and pulled him back down.

"Lucas, I'm sorry", she said in a small voice. He chuckled, "I think it's better to distance myself from you". Her eyes widened. Lucas couldn't keep up with seeing her so happy. If he was going to move on, he'd have to be away from her.

"Lucas", she tried to say but he stood up and removed her hands from his. "I love you, Arieon. Thank you for being my friend. It was nice knowing you", he said and walked away.

Arieon's eyes watered as she watched him walk out of the restaurant.

"I won't cry", she chanted as she walked out of the restaurant. She brought out her phone and dialed Alberto's number. "A-Albert-to", she stuttered. "What's wrong, Arieon?", Alberto asked in concern.

"N-nothing important. C-can you please come get me?", She asked with a Shakey voice. "Okay, Arieon hang on", he said and she nodded before hanging up.

Thirty minutes later, Alberto parked the Audi in front of her. She ran into the passenger side and let out a sob.

"What's wrong, cara?", He asked as he pulled her in a hug. "My friend left me", she cried. "Lucas?", He asked and she nodded. "I'm sorry", he ruffled her hair gently. "Please take me home", she pleaded and he nodded.

Throughout the drive, Arieon cried until she fell asleep. As Alberto parked the car, he called Enzo.

"Why was she crying?", Enzo asked as he gently carried her up from the passenger seat. "You'll ask her yourself", Alberto told him. Enzo rolled his eyes, "Thanks for bringing her back". "Anytime, Capo", Alberto said.

Enzo made his way into the mansion and carried her to her room. He gently laid her on the bed and removed her sneakers before laying a blanket over her body.

As he walked out if her room, he met Agatha. "Is she okay?", She asked. The amount of worry in her voice made him frown. "Yeah she's okay", he said and she let out a sigh of relief.

"What would you like for dinner?", She asked him. She sensed that he suspected something so she had to change the situation. "Lasagna", he said. She nodded and quickly made her way downstairs.

Arieon woke up later in the evening and walked out of her room. She was only wearing her socks but she felt a little cold. As she walked down the stairs she saw Isabella talking to Vincenzo in the living room. She rolled her eyes and headed for the dining room.

As she got seated, Agatha came in with a plate of lasagna. "Are you okay?", She asked as she placed the food in front of her. Arieon nodded and began to eat. Agatha sighed at uptightness and sat beside her. "Is it because of the baby?", She whispered.

Arieon shook her head. "I don't feel like explaining myself right now, I'm sorry", she said. Understanding what she meant, Agatha nodded. "I'm here whenever you need me", she said.

Arieon looked up at her with teary eyes. "You're the best person I've ever met since I got yanked away from my family", she said and Agatha laughed lightly. "Thank you. Now, eat up", she said as she stood up.

As Agatha walked out of the dining room, Enzo walked in. "What happened to you?", He asked as he sat across her. She didn't answer him as she dropped her fork in the plate. She was no longer hungry.

"Arieon, I'm talking to you", he said as he was getting irritated by her childish behavior. "Nothing happened. Leave me alone", she said stubbornly as she picked up her plate and stood up to leave.

Enzo glared at her, "Stop disrespecting me and talk. I'm your husband". She turned around to glare at him, "That's exactly why I don't want to talk to you".

She turned back and walked into the kitchen. When she walked back into the dining room, Enzo was no where to be seen. She shrugged and made her way to her room.

Enzo walked into his office breathing heavily out if anger. He went to sit behind his desk on his swivel chair. The knock on the door got his attention.

"Come in", he said and one of his men walked in. "Capo", the man said. "I'm listening", Enzo said. "The shipment to Bora Bora was breached", the man said. That seemed to spike up his anger. "Matthew", Enzo said as rubbed his face with his hand.

"Does my father know about this?", He asked and the man nodded. Thanks a lot dad, Enzo rolled his eyes. "Get the men ready and contact Matteo. It's time to make them pay", Enzo said as he stood.

"Yes, Capo", the man bowed and walked out. Enzo let out an annoyed sigh at how everything was getting crammed up in his life but he didn't say anything. Why was he always the one to clean up after his father's mistakes?

At least he had something to focus on other than his wife's childish behaviors.