58

"Arieon", Brea said as she walked into the room. Arieon was sitting by the windowsill reading a novel. She looked up to see her mother in law standing by the door beaming with a smile.

"Brea, what are you doing here by this time?", Arieon said as she closed her book. "You have to get ready", Brea said as she approached her. "Get ready for what?", Arieon frowned. Her eyes fell on the red shopping bag in her hands. Brea dropped the bag on the bed and went to pull her up on her feet.

"Enzo has booked the whole night for the both of you to spend together", she said as she dragged her to the bathroom. Arieon's eyes widened as she felt her cheeks get hot. She's kidding, right?. The door of the room opened and Agatha walked in, "You're still like this?". Nope, she's not kidding, Arieon sighed. "I'll take a quick bath and come out, no need to rush", she said as she walked into the bathroom.

An hour later, she was dressed in a red dress that hugged her heaven blessed curves in all areas paired with red stilletos. Her neck was graced with a beautiful diamond necklace that was carved in the shape of an 'A'. Her hair was left in its natural wavy state and her face was with minimal makeup.

"You look beautiful!", Brea squealed. Even for an aged woman, Brea still had a child's energy. "Thank you", Arieon said. "What about the kids?", she asked. Agatha rolled her eyes as she grabbed the gold clutch from the bed. "I'm alive, thanks for noticing", she said as she handed Arieon the purse. Arieon rolled her eyes.

_______

Arieon's eyes almost popped out of her sockets as she stepped out of the white limousine. The hotel looked like it just came out of a magazine. It had beautiful brick walls with a golden color that made it look like a grand castle.

Italy is really amusing, Arieon chuckled as she tucked her hair behind her ear. A man in a white tuxedo approached her. He was in his early twenties with golden red colored hair and magnificent blue eyes. He had a very childish smile but it only enhanced his handsomeness. Italy was blessed indeed.

"Good evening, Mrs. Armani. You look stunning tonight", he greeted with a grin. She blushed at his words and smiled at him. "Thank you", she said. She didn't even correct him about the surname. "I'm assigned to escort you to where you need to be", he said and offered a hand to her. She gingerly took it and he led her into the hotel.

"This place is beautiful", she found herself saying as she admired the reception. Everywhere looked like a castle. Anyone could mistake it as the castle used in Merlin. "Thank you very much. My father is the owner of the hotel. We just inaugurated it last week", the man said happily. Arieon smiled at his cheerfulness. "If I may ask, what is your name?", she asked.

"Marco Salvatore", he answered. She nodded and they continued walking. A quiet gasp escaped her mouth as they walked into a garden full of red roses. It looked like the roses one would see in the movies; big, very red and beautiful.

"This is my stop", Marco said and turned to face her. "Where is Enzo?", Arieon asked. Marco grinned and handed her a yellow envelope. "Good luck", he said and walked away. Confused, Arieon opened the envelope and brought out a paper.

If you're reading this, that means you're at the first step to finding the surprise. Follow the stone path until you see the next clue. Here's a hint, your favorite hue

Arieon let out an amused chuckle as she folded the paper. I never Enzo could be interested in romantic things, she thought as she wanted along the stone path. She looked around in amazement as she took in the beauty of the garden. The roses were so big and red, not to mention how natural they were.

Her eyes landed on a purple envelope laying on one of the rose bushes. "My favorite hue, purple", Arieon chuckled as she went to pick up the envelope and opened it.

Roses are red,
your eyes are blue,
I'm the happiest man alive
thanks to you.
Being with you has thought me how to value everything given to me whether I asked for it or not. When you're done reading this, take three more steps forward and look up

Arieon smiled and took three more steps forward. She looked up and her eyes widened when she saw a small tree filled with letters hanging on the branches.

She approached it and found out the letters were numbered. "Where did Enzo get all these ideas from?", she asked herself as she picked the first letter.

The first time I saw you at your birthday party, I knew my father didn't make a mistake. Even if I never wanted to settle down then, I knew you'd be worth it.

A small laugh left her mouth as she picked up the second letter.

Your eyes remind me of polished Sapphire jewels. So blue and radiant with the glow of silver in them. Your lips are always pale pink whenever you wake up from sleep, but later in the day, they're the brightest pink I've ever seen. They're so captivating that make me want to kiss you every single day

Her cheeks reddened as she dropped the letter. She read all the letters and picked the last one up.

There's something I really want to tell you but I'm not going to say it on paper. Turn around

Arieon dropped the paper and turned around to see Enzo standing a few feet away from her smiling. With her heart swelling with happiness, she ran towards him and wrapped her arms around him. He let out a small laugh at her reaction. "Enzo, you didn't have to do this", she said as they pulled away. "But I did", he said and she giggled. "Arieon, I've done so many things in your life, good and bad but mostly bad things", he started and she frowned.

She was about to speak but he placed his thumb on her lips. "Let me talk", he said and she nodded. "For the past five years, I loved in regret because I knew letting you go was the most stupid decision I've ever made in my life. I was just too stubborn to admit the one thing that would change everything", he said.

"And that is?", she asked making him glare at her. She rolled her eyes but still grinned at him knowing she was getting on his nerves. He let out a sigh, "I love you. I've loved you for these past five years and I'm not ready to let you go again".

Hearing him say it felt like a dream to her. She looked up at him, "You really love me?". "More than you know", he answered. Without even thinking twice, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to kiss her. "I love you too, Enzo. I really really love you", she said as she felt her chest constrict.

Enzo was finally admitting that he loved her in the most romantic way. Any woman would dream to be in her position. "And I think it's time to do this", he said. She frowned and then her eyes widened as he got on one knee. He's kidding, right?, she felt her throat thicken as she couldn't form words.

Enzo then brought out a small box from his pocket. "Arieon, would you do the honors of being my wife again, carry my surname and make me the happiest man in earth? Because this time, I want both of us to raise the new life that is growing inside of you together", he asked.

Tears fell down Arieon's cheeks as her hand touched her flat stomach. "Y-yes. You don't even have to ask me to marry you, I'm still yours", she choked out as he stretched out her fingers for him. With a proud grin, Enzo placed the beautiful diamond ring on her finger and stood up. Within a heartbeat, Arieon wrapped her arms around him and broke out in a sob.

"I love you, I love you!", she cried out into his chest. "I love you too, Arieon", he said and crashed his lips on hers.