41

Numb.

That was the only word to describe how Arieon was feeling presently. She stood in the living room staring at the large family portrait that was hung on the wall on too of the staircase.

She walked up the stairs, her eyes never leaving the huge portrait. It was a portrait of her, Enzo and their triplets. She was seated on a white throne-like chair with the triplets carefully placed on her lap. Enzo was sitting on the arm of the chair with her leaning closer to him. One of his arm was across her shoulders while his other hand was holding her hand.

She had a warm smile on her face while Enzo was sporting his signature poker face. The triplets were looking forward in curiosity also. All in all, they looked like the perfect family.

Oh the irony, Arieon thought as a bitter chuckle left her lips. Her fingers traced the names that were scribbled at the lower left corner.

Vincenzo and Arieon Armani with their beautiful triplets. Antonio, Andrea abd Alessandra (two months old).

A sad smile formed on her lips as she made her way to her room. The room she was given when she first arrived here in this mansion. Her small white travelling box was sitting on top of her bed. She had already packed her things and was ready to go. She craved to see her children one more time before she left.

She gently brought down the box and wheeled it along with her to Enzo's room where the babies were.

Today was the day she was leaving Italy, she was leaving her family. With a heavy heart, she made her way to the large crib where the babies were. Antonio and Andrea were awake while Alessandra was still sleeping.

A smile formed in her lips as she looked at her cute little peanuts. "Hey, my little bundles of joy", she cooed at them. Their eyes snapped up to meet with hers and they gave her a toothless smile as they recognized their mother. They began to gaggle as they sucked in their fists. "Mommy loves you so much", she said to them.

They're eyes were gray, a beautiful shade of gray that resembles their father's cold ones. Arieon gently picked up Antonio. "Hey Tony", she kissed his nose. He placed his hand on her cheek as if telling her to do it again. "You like it, don't you?", She giggled and kissed his forehead.

She placed him down and picked up Andrea. "My cute baby boy, mommy loves you so much" she says as she showered his face with kisses. He made a noise as if telling her that she should stop. "Baby doesn't love mommy?", She pouted at him. He grabbed her hair and tugged on it. "Mommy loves you too", she giggled and placed him back down.

She couldn't believe she was leaving them behind. I'm a terrible mother, she thought as she stared at her babies.

"Promise me one thing", she told them. "Take care of your sister for me, okay?", She asked as tears began to fill her eyes. "Mommy loves all of you so much. Don't hate mommy for leaving you because she has no choice", she sniffled.

After placing one last kiss on each of their heads, she whispered bye and walked out if the room with her travelling box.

"I'll miss you so much" Agatha hugged her as she got downstairs. "Agatha, I don't want to cry. Don't make this hard. Please don't cry", Arieon said as she saw her friend crying. "Why won't I cry? My only friend is leaving me", Agatha cried into her hands. "I love all of you, just remember that. Okay?", Arieon said as gmsge hugged her. "Okay", Agatha sniffled.

Arieon walked out of the mansion to see Alberto waiting outside for her. "Are you ready, dear?", He asked. "Yes", she said and got into the car while he put her box in the trunk.

So this is what heart break feels like, she thought as she stared at her lap. Alberto started the car and began to drive out of the estate to the airport. She never knew saying goodbye would be that hard.