23

For the past two days, Arieon hasn't been feeling the brightest at all. Enzo, Matteo and Agatha could see it. Anytime they asked her if she was feeling alright, she'd brush them off and change the topic.

"I hate you", Arieon gave Matteo a sour look. He chuckled and shook his head as he licked his fingers to clean off the chocolate. "Wash your hands", Agatha told him as she walked into the living room holding a lot of files in her hands.

"Where are you going?", Arieon asked with a frown. "I need to help Enzo take these files to the office", she said to her and she nodded. "Let me drive", Matteo said as he stood up. "I'm not even going to object. I have a lot of things to do, let's go", she said to him.

He turned to Arieon. "We'll finish our debate later", he said to her and she rolled her eyes. As they left the living room she went to the library to look for something to read.

She found an interesting looking novel and decided to read it in her room. As she made her way up the stairs, she began to feel dizzy.

"What's going on?", She mumbled as she began to feel pains in her abdomen. She grabbed onto the railings as she felt a wave of nausea hit her. She was about to reach the top of the stairs when she felt weak and her grip slipped.

The book fell off her hand and she fell backwards. Her hands immediately wrapped around her stomach as she tumbled down the stairs. A groan left her mouth as her head kept hitting the edges of the stairs.

Her back hit the edge of the final stairs and she immediately coughed out blood before her vision darkened.

A few minutes later, Matteo and Agatha walked back into the mansion arguing heatedly. As they walked into the living room, Matteo was the first to sight Arieon laying lifeless in a pool of her own blood.

"Holy shit!", He ran towards her. A gasp left Agatha's mouth as she ran to him. He gently carried Arieon up in bridal style and turned to her. "Get the car", he said and she ran out of the mansion to get the car started.

"What the fuck Arieon?", Matteo said as he walked out of the mansion and went to place Arieon in the car. He gently placed her in the backseat and went to the driver's seat.

"I'll call Enzo", Agatha said as she sat in the back with Arieon. A tear fell down her cheek as she wiped off the blood from Arieon's lips.

They got to the hospital and Arieon was rushed to the ER. Enzo arrived a an hour later after she had been tested.

The doctor walked out and saw them standing outside. Enzo and Matteo were sporting a poker faces while Agatha had a very worried look on her face.

"Who is her husband?", The doctor asked. "I", Enzo said as he pushed himself off the wall. The doctor nodded. "The fall was really bad and she hit her head several times. She may have a concussion but she will be fine", the doctor said and Agatha breathed out a sigh of relief.

She wanted to ask about the baby but she had to bite her lip to stop herself from doing so.

"And also Congratulations, Mr. Armani", the doctor smiled. Agatha's eyes widened at the reality of what was unfolding. Enzo frowned, "Thank you?".

"Your baby is safe and still healthy", the doctor said with a grin. It was as if s bomb had been dropped on his head. His eyes widened as his jaw literally hit the floor.

Matteo mirrored the same expression whole Agatha looked guilty. "How far is she?", Agatha asked shakily. "Arieon is a very strong fighter. The baby is two months and a half now and it's very healthy", the doctor said and she nodded. "You said you met her with her hands covering her stomach", the doctor said and she nodded.

"She protected the baby instead of her head", the doctor said with a smile. Enzo looked at Agatha, "You knew about it, didn't you?". She looked away, "It wasn't my place to tell you. She told me she would tell you herself".

Enzo's jaw clenched and unclenched as he turned back his attention to the doctor. "Thank you very much, doc. When will she be discharged?", He asked. "When she wakes up. She responded perfectly to the treatment", the doctor said.

"When she gets discharged, I want her to be watched carefully. She doesn't have enough nutrients in her body. It's like she has been skipping meals", the doctor said and Agatha nodded. "Please watch over her. She needs proper monitoring so the baby would grow healthier", the doctor said.

"Can we see her?", Matteo asked. "She's sleeping right now. She. She wakes up, the nurse will inform you. In her unconscious state, she's very unstable. She may slip into a coma at the sound of any noise", the doctor answered. They nodded and they went to sit on the chairs.

Well, except Enzo who stubbornly stood by the door of Arieon's ward. He was still angry at Arieon for keeping the information of the baby from him. Why would she do that?

About three hours later, Arieon woke up. "My baby", she groaned as she moved the arm where the IV was stuck to. A nurse walked in. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Armani. How are you feeling?", The woman asked her.

"My baby", Arieon repeated. The woman smiled and chuckled. "Your baby is perfectly fine and healthy", she said and Arieon let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you", she said and the woman nodded. "How are you feeling?", The woman asked. "Tired and dizzy but I'm okay", Arieon replied. "Your family would like to see you", the woman said and Arieon nodded.

As the nurse left, Matteo walked in holding a paper bag with a large smile on his face. "Hey babymama", he said and a small smile formed on her face.

"I got you your favorite", he handed her the bag. She raised a brow, "Really?". He nodded and watched her open the paper bag.

A small happy laugh left her mouth as she brought out a chocolate tart. "You really know my favorite", she said as she took a bite out if the tart. "How are you feeling?", He asked as she eat. "I feel like crap", she said as she licked her fingers.

"Why didn't you tell Enzo you were pregnant?", He asked her. Her eyes widened and she cursed. The truth was bound to come out one day, she thought. She let out a sigh, "Is he even always at home? When he's at home, all he does is aggravate me".

He chuckled, "That's Enzo for you". "Are you guys done?", Agatha walked in. Matteo rolled his eyes and stood up. "I'll see you later", he told Arieon. "Thanks for the tart", she said and he laughed before walking out.

Agatha didn't hesitate before going to hug her. "I thought I lost you!", She said as she tried her best not to cry. Arieon had become like a sister to her and she wasn't ready to loose her.

"I'm fine now", Arieon told her. "The baby is fine and Enzo knows", Agatha told her. She nodded, "Matteo told me".

They spent some minutes talking before Arieon decided to allow Enzo to come in.

As Agatha left, he sat in front of her on the arm chair. "Why didn't you tell me?", He asked. She sat up straight, "I didn't want to tell you. At least not yet". "You're two months and a fucking half pregnant, Arieon", he said angrily.

She glared at him, "I found out two weeks ago. I didn't want to tell you because you always kept getting on my nerves every damn second".

"I had a right to know about the baby. It's my baby", he told her. "And it's my baby too", she countered. "You're impossible", he said in annoyance. "And you're difficult", she retorted.