49

Arieon's mind wasn't at rest and she lost a her composure. After her encounter with Isabella and the bomb shell was dropped on her. She couldn't concentrate anymore. She felt as if her life had already collapsed.

"You look pale". Arieon looked up from her laptop to see Agatha walk in. "Agatha", Arieon said as she placed her laptop aside and stood up to hug her friend. "I've missed you", Agatha said as they pulled away. "Me too. I can't believe I'm leaving you guys again", Arieon said to her. "Are you okay?", Agatha asked as they sat on the bed. A sigh left Arieon's mouth as she ran her hand through her hair. "My life is fucked up", Arieon said. "What's wrong?", Agatha asked with a frown. "I don't want to talk about it now. I'll tell you later", Arieon told her.

Choosing not to force her, Agatha nodded. "Alexi had been sick for some days. If he wasn't, I would have visited you earlier", she said to her. "How is he now?", Arieon asked. "He's okay. He's at school with the others so I decided to come over and check on you", Agatha told her. "Thank you", Arieon smiled. They spent the next two hours catching up on everything thing that happened after Arieon left. Agatha left out the part about Isabella's crazy stunt on Enzo.

Arieon's phone began to ring. "Arieon! We've found the cure!", Madison's voice rang in her ears as she picked up. Arieon's eyes widened, "Seriously?". "Hell yeah! Meet us at A's Enterprise", Madison said. Arieon hung up and turned to face Agatha. "I need to get to A's Enterprise, we just found the cure and vaccine", she said as she stood up and got dressed in another outfit. She waved Agatha bye and made her way to Enzo's company.

"It's about time!", Tiffany said as she saw Arieon approaching her and Madison. "Did it actually work?", Arieon asked. The both of them nodded. "The method you used yesterday actually worked", Tiffany told her. Arieon frowned, "It didn't work. Nothing changed, there was no reaction at all". Madison nodded. "For the first few hours, there'll be no effect. Vincenzo came back this afternoon to check it again. All the mutated cells became normal", Tiffany said. Arieon's mood because sour at the mention of Enzo's name. "Oh, okay", Arieon said as she made her way to the lab.

After running more tests abd confirming their success, they all decided to celebrate. "Another job well done", Brian chuckled as they took off their lab coats. "All thanks to our brains", Cody said as he wrapped his arm around Arieon's shoulder. She raised her head to glare at him. The clearing of ones throat made them look forward. Enzo was standing in front of them holding his lab coat. "I'm sorry to interrupt your joyful moment but I'll need to borrow Arieon for sometime", he said.

Arieon narrowed her eyes at him. "Sure", Brian said with a shrug. "She's with me", Cody said to Enzo. Enzo raised a brow at him. His clenched as he saw the arm around Arieon's shoulder but he kept his cool. He knew all too well that he could take out Cody with just a punch so he had to comport himself.

"I'm not your property" Arieon shrugged Cody's arm off her shoulder and crossed her arm. "Let's quickly get this over with, shall we?", Enzo asked her. She let out a sigh and nodded. She didn't dare deny his request or she'd be asking for death. She left her group and followed after him to his office.

"What do you want to talk about?", she asked as they got in and closed the door. "What got you in such a mood?", he asked turning around to face her. She crossed her arms and glared at him. "You called me here to ask me a dumb question?". He rolled his eyes but it was obvious he was getting angry by her behavior.

"Behave yourself. Remember who you're talking to", he warned. She let out a humorless laugh and glared at him. "Who am I talking to? Of course I know who I'm talking to. A cheater and liar, that's who I'm talking to", she said without missing a beat as she reminds eye contact.

His jaw clenched as he approached her. She stood her ground and glared at him. "You don't like the names?", she challenged. She was so hurt to the point that she didn't even know she was playing dangerously with fire.