22

It's been a week since Enzo decided to leave without letting Arieon notice. For the first two days, she thought he was giving her space.

Now, she was worried and scared. Was he dead? Was he okay? Was he mad? She would end up sleeping on the couch in the living room everyday waiting for him but he wouldn't come home.

Yesterday, she cried for a very long time as she thought about how she lost two people because of her selfish acts.

"Do you want to watch a movie?", Agatha offered as she saw her friend's distraught state. "I'm fine", Arieon mumbled as she stared at the window.

Agatha sighed and went to sit beside her on the bed. "At least eat something", Agatha said. "I'm not hungry", Arieon said stubbornly. Agatha rubbed her face in frustration.

"Enzo will kill me if he finds out that you've been skipping meals. Arieon, the last time you eat was the day before yesterday!", Agatha exclaimed. Arieon tore her gaze away from the window and looked at her friend.

"At least, eat. For the baby", Agatha begged. That made Arieon burst out crying, "I don't think I want the baby anymore".

Agatha's eyes widened to the sizes of saucers at Arieon's statement. She quickly pulled her in an embrace. "Why would you say such a thing?", Agatha asked her as she ran her hand through her hair in hopes of calming her down.

"This same baby is the cause of me losing Lucas and now it's making me emotionally drained!", Arieon cried.

"It's okay. Don't overthink", Agatha patted her shoulders. "You'll be okay", she said and Arieon nodded.

"I'm going grocery shopping. I made brownies and chocolate cookies in case you're hungry", Agatha told her. Arieon nodded and waved at her as she walked out of the room.

An hour later, Arieon decided to go to the library. As she made her way downstairs and entered the living room, she saw Isabella sitting on one of the couches.

"What are you doing here?", Arieon asked. Isabella looked at her and stood up. "Oh? Is Enzo not giving you his attention anymore", she asked. Arieon rolled her eyes. "I do not have the time to waste having a cat fight with you", Arieon said as she turned to leave.

Isabella flipped her hair and straightened her expensive dress. Arieon initially thought the dress was for an eight year old though. "I wouldn't call this a cat fight but just a random talk with you. You know, since you're my ex boyfriend's wife", Isabella said making her stop in her tracks.

"What do you actually want from me?", Arieon turned to face her with a sigh. Isabella smirked and crossed her hands across her chest. "Do you even know how to satisfy your husband because he keeps coming to me for comfort", she said.

Arieon sent a death glare in her direction but it didn't gaze her. "My sex life isn't your business", she said. "Oh really? Enzo keeps saying that you have a very weird moan", Isabella said with a laugh. It took every amount of self control in Arieon not to cry and lash out on the stupid woman. She swallowed hard and exhaled. "Do me a favour and get the fuck out. Just go!", She said impatiently.

"Afraid?", Isabella taunted. "Of what?", Arieon frowned. "That he'll leave you for me?", Isabella grinned. "Sleep with him all you like, but it doesn't mean he'll take you back", Arieon said and turned to walk away before Isabella could say something else that would make her loose control.

Because of the stupid stunt that Isabella pulled, Arieon wasn't ready to eat anything and she couldn't concentrate at all for the rest of the day. It was as if she was in another dimension.

"Arieon!", Agatha yelled making her look up. "Hmm?", She answered. Agatha was terribly worried for her. Her blue eyes were no longer bright with happiness and her skin was getting paler. Weren't pregnant women supposed to glow?

"I made casserole for dinner, please eat something. Just tell me what you want", Agatha begged her. They were in the living where Arieon wanted to wait for Enzo to ask him about his relationship with Isabella.

"I'm not hungry, Agatha. If I get hungry, I'll go and eat. You should go to bed, it's already eleven thirty", Arieon said to her.

"You should go to bed too. Do it for the baby", Agatha told her and she let out a sigh. "I can't even think anymore", Arieon admitted.

Agatha was about to say something when they heard the front door open and slam shut. "What was that?", Arieon asked her. Agatha shrugged.

Then, Enzo and Matteo staggered into the living room. Matteo was holding Enzo who was gripping his shot arm.

Arieon almost screamed at the amount of blood he was loosing. "Jesus! Enzo!", She yelled. Enzo just groaned as Matteo helped him lay on the couch. "I'll get the kit", Agatha stood up and ran upstairs.

Arieon went to kneel by his side. Her heart was beating fast as she studied his face for any injuries. There were no scratches on his face.

"What happened?", She asked Matteo. He sighed, "He was lucky though. It would have been his chest if he didn't react quick".

She looked back to Enzo groaned. "You're supposed to be careful", she told him. "It's not my fault the idiot was aiming at me", he rolled his eyes. She glared at him,"You're shot, don't roll your eyes!". "Sorry, mama", he muttered with a groan.

Agatha came back with the first a kit and handed it to Arieon. "I'll do it", Enzo said as he tried to sit up. She glared at him and placed her hands on his chest to gently push him down. "Shut up and let me fix your harm. I'm the doctor here", she said and he sighed.

Agatha and Matteo left the room because she didn't like people seeing her as she worked on people.

"Stop staring", Arieon said as she noticed Enzo staring at her. "I can't help it", he said and she glared at him. "Why would you even go to a place where you will get shot?!", She exclaimed as she dabbed the area of the wound with antiseptic.

"Welcome to the Mafia world", he  said as he rolled his eyes. She glared at him. "And you were sleeping with her", she mumbled.  Enzo frowned, "Sleeping with who?". Her eyes widened as she realized it was loud.

"Nothing", she quickly said. "I'm not stupid, Arieon. Who did you say I'm sleeping with?", He asked. She could sense that he was already getting annoyed and she didn't want him to get unnecessarily angry.

She turned her attention to the wound. "Isabella", she said as she began to wrap his arm with a bandage. He let out a sigh. He should have known Isabella would pull a stunt like that.

"I'm a lot of things, Arieon. A killer, a monster, you can name it. But I can never ever be a cheater", he said to her. She looked up and locked eyes with him.

Tears filled her eyes as she secured the bandage with a small plaster. 'I'm blaming the baby for making me so emotional', she thought as she sniffled.

"But she keeps saying you always come to her to tell her things about me", she said quietly. He chuckled and sat up straight.

"That's childishness on her part. I don't gossip. I don't go back to my leftovers", he said and they locked eyes.

"Don't get shot again", she told him. He laughed and placed his fingers under her chin. "Why not?", He asked. 'Because you're the father of my baby', she wanted to say but she bit her lower lip.

"Who's going to feed me?", She said and he chuckled. If anyone was going to try to forget Arieon, they couldn't forget her mouth.