55

"Mommy, school was hard today", Antonio said as he caressed his mother's hand. "Me too, mommy", Alessa added as she walked towards the bed where Arieon lay. Enzo was carrying a sleeping Andrea as he walked in. He went over to Arieon and gently placed Andrea beside her. The little boy snuggled closer to his mother as his father left him.

"Daddy, why isn't mommy waking up yet?", Alessa asked with a sad pout. "She'll wake up soon", Enzo said to her as he took a seat beside Arieon. It's been three weeks since she had been unconscious but she made no effort to wake up. Her skin was no longer pale and had come back to its usual glow. Her lips were now the soft baby pink color that made Enzo want to kiss her even though she was unconscious.

Enzo was getting to the point of giving up but the kids kept sparking up a light of hope in him that she'll wake up soon. "Daddy, when mommy wakes up, can we go to the park?", Antonio asked. Enzo nodded, "I promise". He nodded and continued to caress his mother's hand. "Daddy, I want to sleep with mommy", Alessa yawned as she rubbed her eyes. He stood up and went to pick her up. The bed was large enough to contain all of the kids with their mother so there wasn't any problem.

He gently placed her on the other side and she snuggled closer to Arieon. Enzo's phone began to ring. "I'll be right back", he told them and walked out of the ward. "Yes?", he answered the call. "Capo, the shipment was a success and we stopped the trafficking before it went too far", the man said. "Good job, Ricco", Enzo said. "I'll come over to check on you guys later", he said and hung up.

He walked back in to see the three kids fast asleep with their mother. The corners of his lips lifted as he walked over to them and sat beside Arieon. He gently brushed the hair away from her face. "I'd really love to see your eyes again", he whispered as he traced her eyebrows. Her soft and delicate skin always caused him tingle whenever he touched them.

A small groan left Arieon's lips as she tried to open her eyes. Enzo's eyes widened in shock as she began to groan loudly. The beeping of the heart monitor became loud but it then stopped when she opened her eyes.

"Enzo", she rasped out. Her throat was dry and felt like sandpaper. "Water", she gasped as she tried to sit up. Enzo grabbed a glass of water and handed it to her.

"Why am I not dead?", she asked after downing the whole content. "You're not dying anytime soon", Enzo said as he clenched his jaw. "You actually reduced me?", she asked quietly.

He narrowed his eyes at her. "Yes, I did. Why wouldn't I?", he said. "I thought you didn't want anything to do with me after all the trouble I've caused you", she said. Enzo frowned at what she said. How in the world would he want her gone? Wasn't it the other way round?

Now, he was confused. "I'm going to get the nurse", he said and walked out. Arieon let out a weak sigh as she watched him leave. She didn't know why but she was craving his touch. Her eyes widened as she saw the triplets in bed with her. "They're here too?", she asked herself happily. A bright smile formed on her lips as she ran her hand through Antonio's hair. It was soft and silky like Enzo's but curly like hers. The same was for his siblings.

The nurse walked in along with Enzo and the doctor. "Welcome back to us, Mrs. Armani", the doctor said. Enzo cleared his throat at the slip up but Arieon didn't seem to mind. "Thank you", she said surprising him. I think this woman hit her head before she slipped into coma, Enzo thought as he watched the nurse check Arieon's vitals. "You've recovered well and your baby is responding healthily", she said.

That caused Arieon's eyes to widen. "Excuse me, please did you say baby?", she asked. The nurse and doctor nodded. "You're a very strong woman, Arieon. An average woman would have had a miscarriage after what they had been through but you protected the life growing inside you", the doctor said.

Arieon nodded and exhaled loudly as she tried to digested what the doctor had just said. She looked up to see Enzo. He was staring at the floor with clenched jaw. Maybe he didn't want the baby, she thought sadly as she swallowed her spit in her throat. "When will she be discharged?", Enzo asked as he looked up to see the doctor. "Anytime she's ready", the doctor answered. Enzo nodded and turned to face her.

"I want to go home now", Arieon said. The doctor nodded and turned to face Enzo, "Please follow me".

Enzo followed the doctor out while the nurse helped Arieon to remove the wires attached to her body. "You have beautiful children", the nurse said. "Thank you", Arieon said to her. The nurse nodded and bowed her head before walking out of the ward.

Then, Andrea began to stir in his sleep. Arieon looked down at him and began to massage his scalp through his hair. A small smile formed in the little boy's lips as he snuggled closer. "Mommy's boy", she giggled and placed a kiss on his forehead.

The door opened and Enzo walked in with Matteo. "You're awake, you have no idea how I've been waiting for you", Matteo said as he went to hug her. She cringed as she tried to dodge him. "What's wrong?", Matteo asked with a frown. "I don't know how long I've been unconscious but I need to get cleaned before any hugs", Arieon said. Enzo chuckled and shook his head. "You've been unconscious for three weeks and you don't need to worry, the nurses clean you up everyday", he said.

Heat rushed to Arieon's cheeks as she nodded. "Now that that's settled", Matteo said and then hugged her making her laugh. "Let's get you out of here. I'm sick of the antiseptic smell", Matteo said. Arieon only chuckled.

When they arrived at the Armani Estate, the kids were taken to their rooms while Enzo took Arieon to his room. As she walked in after him, she stood by the door and looked around the room. Everything was the same. The difference was the the slight change in colors. He had moved from darker colors to brighter colors. The curtains were now white and she wondered how he managed to keep them spotless. The couches were still black but the coffee table had been changed.

"What's wrong?". She jumped at the sound of his voice and a sigh left her mouth. "Nothing", she quickly answered. Enzo frowned, "Why are you by the door?". "I'm fine here", she said. That caused him to frown the more. "Arieon, you're behaving like you've never been here before", he said. She rolled her eyes, "It's not like I asked to be here". And there she goes again, he let out a sigh.

"Stop being difficult", he said. She glared at him, "I'm being difficult? You're not the one who almost died after being starved and tortured to spill a secret you don't know". He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his hair. Arieon swallowed hard as she felt the sudden urge to wrap her arms around him. She frowned, Why am I feeling like this?. "Look, I'm sorry. Gordon wanted to use you as leaverage over me and lure me over to give me an ultimatum", Enzo said.

"About what?", Arieon frowned. "I should either give up my title as king of the Mafias and you live or refuse to give up my title and you die", he answered. Arieon's eyes widened. "I couldn't let you die even if that meant giving up my title. Knowing Gordon, he's a greedy man so I had to take him out", Enzo said.

"I'm sorry", Arieon mumbled. "Don't apologise, there's no need for one. You can rest here for as long as you want. When you're ready, I'll book a plane ticket for you to go back home", Enzo said and walked out of the room. Arieon's jaw dropped and she took in what he just said.

She fucked up really badly.