Chapter 6: Nowhere left to go

I look at my pie and I sigh throwing it at the wall. I go back to bed and I watch yet another video well made that I saved on my phone. After The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Bucky will be finally free. He will recover from everything. He doesn't need me. No one needs me. I am useless in my universe and in this universe too. I don't know why I am here but it's clearly a mistake. Maybe it's time I called it quits. I cannot help anyone, no one can help me. I am stuck here putting the whole reality in danger.

I look at the window and I sigh. I can't even jump from here, if I do I'll just end up in the hospital and nothing more as I live on the second floor. I hear a knock on my door and I sigh turning around.

"What is now-" I stop speaking as I open the door and I see a confused Bucky at my door. I roll my eyes and close the door but he stops me midway.

"Wait-" he puts his metal arm between the frame and the door and he takes a step towards me.

"You were right James. You don't need me. No one does." I turn away from him and I hear him coming inside closing the door behind him.

"No. You were right, I don't know what I want. I am constantly a wreck. I've hurt so many people. Everywhere I go chaos seems to follow." He speaks behind me and I nod.

"You're going to be okay James," I say still having my back at him. I need to leave this place. How? You have no money!

"I want you to be okay." He says softly and I nod turning around.

"I am, you don't have to worry about it." I keep thinking about what the Ancient One just said and I cannot have his friendship.

"I know when people are lying Y/n." He speaks searching for my gaze.

"Good for you." I raise my brows and I move towards the couch and I seat down and wait for him to leave. "You should leave," I add not looking at him. I hear him sigh following me. I can't say anything. I will just fuck everything up and god knows what could happen if I meddle in his life. I feel his hand on my shoulder.

"It was real," James says softly and I stare at the wall in front of me. "I just want you to know those ten seconds of joy were real for me too." He adds and I gulp feeling his hand move away from my shoulder. I hear his steps getting further away and I squeeze my eyes shut.

I can't think right now. I just feel my body standing up and moving towards him in a quick movement. He turns around and looks at me letting me see his glowing eyes.

I open my arms and I snake them around his neck pulling him into a hug. He leans his head slightly towards my neck and I can feel his hands confused on my back. I hug him tighter and I feel my shoulder wiping his tears. I feel my eyes getting heavy too and I don't understand what is happening. I can feel his arms tightening around my body and I have never felt something remotely close to this. I never felt someone so vulnerable in front of me, holding me so tight as they're breaking. I move my hands to his hair and I caress it softly.

I don't really understand what just happened. I don't know how it got to this because I was functioning on autopilot.

"I don't want to hurt you Y/n and I can't trust my mind." He whispers to me leaning out and I nod.

"I know." I smile as I feel a tear escaping my eyes. He tilts his head watching me and he pulls me to his chest.

"Who are you really Y/n?" He asks silently and I can see the face of the Ancient One in the back of my head warning me not to say anything.

"Someone who knows you're one of the good guys," I say to his chest and I feel him tightening his grip on me. I take his left hand in both of my hands and he leans out studying me. I take off his glove and he closes his eyes softly. "This can't hurt me," I say holding his metal hand and I watch him gulp. "This doesn't make you a monster, it never did." I bring his hand to my face leaning softly in it and he tilts his head watching me. "But this," I travel my hand to his head, "this needs to learn to trust that not all people are out to get him."