Chapter 28: No good in goodbye

Y/n's POV

Stephen came through for me once again. I really felt I was dying and he managed to go out of his way to find a cure for me. I feel better than ever now.

I finally have James back. I can't stop kissing him. I finally got him back. It's been five long years waiting for this exact moment. The moment the war is over and I have time to enjoy him. I take out the tubes and electrodes connected to my body.
"Slow down babe. You've been through a lot." He laughs placing his hand on the back of my neck and rubbing his thumb on my cheek.

"Don't tell me to slow down. I've been waiting five years to feel you again. I want you now." I lick my lips staring into his blue eyes losing myself in this moment. I hear his adorable chuckle at my reply and I shrug.

"We're in Shuri's lab." He remarks and I sigh opening a portal and pulling it towards us. We end up on a hill and the bed came with us so James seems really amused.

"Not anymore. Now shut up and kiss me, sergeant." I say in a demanding tone and I can feel his vibranium arm pulling my waist closer to him. I feel his lips attaching to mine again and this feels like I reached heaven. I smirk through the kiss and I do a spell with my hands that turns Shuri's lab bed into a kingsize bed. Now, this is perfect. James's chuckle fills the silence, a trillion stars shine above us and we're alone in a bed set on the grass in nature. It really feels like we're a couple in a mattress advertisement.

"Let's put this arm to good use," James whispers looking at his vibranium hand as he takes off my shirt. I am so excited to test this out again. I run my fingers through his hair as he kisses me hungrily and I am just in love with this feeling so much.

Just the two of us, away from the noise, away from wars, away from any danger. Just us two in this secluded place filling the silence with moans of pleasure. Just us two, feeling each other again just the way it was meant to be.

"Let's get married." I smile lifting my head from his chest so I can look into those beautiful eyes. "Today," I add and he chuckles. "Seriously. I don't want to waste any more time." I state and he nods agreeing.

"I'll take care of it." He kisses my forehead and I nuzzle up in his chest again. I let my legs rest on each side of his torso and I cuddle up on him. I love the feeling of his arms holding me close to him. I start kissing his chest going up his neck until I find his lips again and just like that, we let our bodies enjoy each other again.

As the sun rises we finally decide to leave the bed and I bring us back to Wakanda. James gets busy with Challa organizing the wedding while I decide to write the last-minute invitations. I am happy everyone is still on Earth, especially I am glad Steve decided to wait for me to get better before making his escape.

"You're really doing this?" I hear the familiar voice of the person who's really become a sister to me and I smile turning around. I didn't know she was still in Wakanda.

"About time, wouldn't you say?" I stand up and I go hug her. I can see her eyes glowing with tears as I lean out. "Hey, you okay?" I ask and she nods.

"Yeah. I am just really happy you recovered, I really thought instead of a wedding, I will be attending a funeral." She speaks and I press my lips into a thin line. They really were supposed to be attending a funeral, only not mine.

"But you're not, I'm better than ever." I smile reassuringly and she gulps.

"Why are you having the wedding today?" She asks and I frown not understanding where this is coming from. "Should I get ready for an actual goodbye?" She asks and I tilt my head confused.

"Getting married doesn't mean I will forget about you," I explain softly and she gulps.

"I'm not talking about the wedding in itself. I'm talking about you... changing the timeline." She whispers the last part and it seems like my mind is starting to collapse on her words. " I heard Strange. Stark was supposed to die. We both know what changing the timeline means." Wanda adds worried and a cold shiver strikes me. I did not think about this for a second. I didn't think about Kang when I saved Tony.