box 24

Zihao stood on the sidewalk in front of a house, staring at the building with a sad smile, memories began to flood his mind

Zihao stood on the sidewalk in front of a house, staring at the building with a sad smile, memories began to flood his mind. Shaking his head, he opened the gate and walked up to the front door. He knocked before taking a step back and waiting.

Multiple voices could have been heard from outside as a pair of footsteps got louder. A tall woman opened the door, her hair was wrapped up in a bun with stray hairs poking in every direction, her face appeared dull and lifeless. A flash of shock flashed in her eyes before she looked away, almost in shame. "Ah Zihao, I didn't know you were the one coming to pick up Sero..."

She shifted her weight to the other foot as she grew anxious. Since the death of her sister, she flat out refused to see the boy. The fear of something happening to her husband and Sero always weighed on her mind. She would be lying if she said she felt guilty about how the boy lived. In all honesty she didn't offer him a second thought. All that she cared about was her sister.

"Yeah uh the trip for school and everything. I actually work there, at uh you know, UA." He responded quietly, trying to not show his nervousness. Zihao knew his aunt wasn't too fond of him. He knew his entire life. But that didn't stop him from loving her anyway. How could he hate someone that his mom adored so much?

"Zihao! Let's go before we're late!" The raven hair rushed down the stairs with his bag in hand. He gave his mom a quick peck on the cheek and threw his bag into the trunk. A piece of toast sat in between his teeth as he jumped into the front seat. L/n silently thanked the male for saving from the situation.