box 47

Zihao let out a sigh before knocking on the door

Zihao let out a sigh before knocking on the door. A faint "enter" could be heard from the other side before he pushed the door open. Immediately, the smell of stale tea filled his nose. 'So, this is how people feel.'

"Ah! Mr. L/n, what do I owe this pleasure?" Nezu spoke formally as he crossed his paws on top of the desk. His usual grin was plastered on his face; His eyes bored into Zihao's, waiting for a response.

"Cut the bullshit." Zihao spat out, his face was scrunched up in annoyance. Taken back, Nezu tilted his head yet didn't show any sign of emotion. "You sent a group of your students into the house knowing that Overhaul would have those bullets." Zihao immediately cut to the chase, sparing no moment to hear the other out. His voice dripped with venom, his arm was thrown up due to the spur of the moment.

"I'm afraid that I do not know what you me-"

A fist slammed down onto the desk with a loud thud, the objects on the desk shake at the sudden impact. "Don't fucking lie to me. I can see past your whole little persona you put on." He hissed. Smoke began to dance around his mouth as his anger grew. 

"I did what had to be done to save the girl." Nezu's voice remained firm as his gaze challenged the younger's. 

"Ha, what had to be done? You sent fucking teenagers to their possible death! If I wasn't there, Mirio would've lost his quirk! Just what in the hell are you trying to do?!"  He exclaimed, trying his best to not send a wave of smoke at the rat's head.

"I appreciate your concern, but I had the situation perfectly handled." 

Zihao's fingers began to dig into his palm as he tried to control his anger. "Perfectly handled? Is that what it's called?" He could feel his skin break, tiny drops of blood began to burrow under his nails. "I HAVE A FUCKING METAL ROD IN MY LEG BECAUSE YOU THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO LET THE CHILDREN BE ON THE FRONT LINES!"

The chimera stood up from his chair. "Weren't you the one who told Eraserhead to let the students participate? Aren't you too, at fault?" His paws rested on the desk as he leaned forward. His smile was gone now, only a hard look in his eyes could be seen.

The boy's head hung low as he forced the smoke back into his lungs. It was true, he wasn't innocent either. Just because he managed to save the day doesn't mean that he was in the right to begin with. Relaxing his hand, he turns to the animal standing beside the desk. "We both fucked up, but only one of us is angry about that. Only one hero spoke up about the situation, that really makes me wonder which side is worse." Zihao turned around and walked to the door. As his hand rested on the doorknob, he spoke over his shoulder. "By the way, I'll be gone for a month. See you after the festival." The door slammed behind him; A thud could be heard as a picture frame fell off its mount.

--------------------

"You're letting your anger get in the way of your judgementtt." Hu nagged as he trailed behind Zihao closely. He heard majority of the conversation threw L/n's hearing aid. It was obvious as to why the male was upset, but Hu couldn't understand why it was such a big deal. He watched off to the side as Zihao shoved random articles of clothing into a large duffle bag. A small pouch holding cigarettes and lighters let him know that Zihao was serious about leaving for a short period of time.

Hu scrunched his nose in annoyance as Zihao ignored him and continued to throw various items into a bag. "Are you really going to leave for a month?" He continued to pester, this time moving closer so he could obstruct Zihao's view of the bag.

Sighing loudly, Zihao's shoulders droop downward. "I have too Hu. I can't let these kids burn, if no one else will put a stop to this then I will." His voice came out hoarse.

"I'll go with you!" Hu exclaimed excitedly. Before he could run off to pack his own bag, Zihao's voice met his ears.

"Hu, you can't."

"And why not!" Hu shouts angrily. His arms are thrown up in a fit of rage as he watches Zihao zip up his bag. He was constantly being left behind, every single mission he was out of reach. It was beginning to nag at his insecurities, every moment he spent constantly worrying. "Do you think I'm not good enough to be by your side, is that it?! Every fucking time I send you out on your own you always come home in a hospital bed!"

"Hu please, let's not fight. I need to leave." He grunted out with a tired look on his face. 

"NO! Not until you fucking tell me why you have to do this alone!"

"Because I'm replaceable! I'm not a hero student, I'm not even a son anymore! What else am I'm supposed to do other than protect Sero and the others?!" Zihao shouted back. "And you..." He voice trailed off at the end as he zipped up his bag.

"Live for your fucking self! Have you ever thought of that?!" Hu's breathing became ragged as he attempted to keep his calm.

A chuckle leaves Zihao's lips. "Funny. Living for myself? When have I ever done that? I have to go, food is in the fridge. I'll see you in a month." Rushing past Hu, he slams the door behind him.

--------------------

Zihao lays back on his disc of smoke as he watches the sky run the opposite way. The heavy smell of tobacco filled the air as he raised the cigarette to his lips. 'There you go again Zihao, pushing everyone away just like he did.'

I apologize for making Hu and Zihao fight, it just had to be done

I apologize for making Hu and Zihao fight, it just had to be done. Character development, ya know?

BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY MY DREAM SCHOOL ACCEPTED ME LIKE AN HOUR AGO SO THATS WHY YOU HAVE A DOUBLE UPDATE :D