box 66

"What determines if someone is good or bad? Is it their actions? Their morals? Or perhaps even their ideology? Even with countless determining factors, there is always one thing that can help us decipher: perspective

"What determines if someone is good or bad? Is it their actions? Their morals? Or perhaps even their ideology? Even with countless determining factors, there is always one thing that can help us decipher: perspective. If you recall from the beginning of our lesson, we spoke about this. And how Zihao believed perspective was the answer. And that remained true until even his death."

"But Mr. Zhao isn't Green Smog a good guy?" A voice perked up, slightly confused on where the lesson was going.

A small smile curls onto Hu's lips. "It depends on who you ask, some will say yes while others will say no." His hands moved as he shrugged. It was true, everyone had a different opinion on what happened. Some believe Zihao's actions were overkill while others saw it as necessary. 

"But he defeated the bad guys!"

"You're correct, but he also killed them. The villain Dabi bled out to death very slowly. And Shigaraki's cause of death is still up for debate. It is unsure if he died of blood loss or suffocation first. Possibly even shock for all we know." Hu explained, recalling back to the lesson moments before.

"But Mr. Zhao! He did it for the students!"

Hu's eyes fill with a sad gaze as his lips form a straight line. "I know it may seem that way, but in reality, it was for his own self. As the person closest to him during his life, I know he did not do it out of good will. That is not him. He did it for revenge and to finally be able to rest in peace. Dabi's death was for his own reasoning. And Shigaraki was partially due to the students, but Zihao knew he could never kill the man who killed his parents, so he went for the weakest link."

The loud ringing of a bell cuts off Hu's lecture. Letting out an aspirated sigh, the pink haired male glances at the clock. "I guess class is over for now, if you want to know more about the history of the greatest savior of all time, ask your parents. Majority of them were actually his students, believe it or not." The fake enthusiasm radiated from his voice as he spoke. Perhaps the old 1-A students could explain it in more detail than him.

Hu watched as the students shuffled out the doorway. It was hard to believe that nearly eighteen years have gone by. With all of the past students of 1-A becoming pro-heroes and starting their own families, Hu decided to stay at UA. He had no other purpose. Living inside the old training facility was his only calling. Nezu helped him get through school and even offered him a teaching job at UA. Now here he was, doing the one thing he dreamed of since he was young, being someone kids can lean on. Someone he wanted him and Zihao to have all those years ago. And just as he promised, he told Zihao's story to every single student he had the honor to look after.

A knock on the door draws him out of his thoughts. Directing his attention towards the door frame, he lets out a soft hum. A man with dark purple hair stands in the doorway. A lighter is held up by a black string around his neck. Two staff rest on his back, but one hasn't been used in years. With a familiar costume but in a new color scheme, Shinsou grins at the teacher. "Still working in this dump?" He teases.

Hu rolls his eyes before throwing a pen at the pro-hero. "Like I have anywhere else to go." He scoffs. "Shouldn't you be at a press meeting or something Mr. Number one hero?" He taunts back, not missing the scowl he received in return.

"Don't even get me started on those. But I thought you'd want to go uh see his memorial tonight? Today marks the eighteenth year since..." Shinsou's voice wavered slightly. It was apparent that neither of them truly got over the events of that day. Hu, who knew what was going to happen, had a harder time adapting to life without Zihao. He would've stopped him, but he knew there was no point in trying. Hu recalled Zihao's opinion on saving someone who didn't want to be saved. How could he forget? At first, he believed it was insane, but now he understood.

Zihao gave up on the world who failed him. He left a bigger impact by dying than he would've if he lived. It was funny in a sense. But Hu knew, he knew Zihao was too tired to go on. So he watched silently as Zihao finally took the chance to rest. Because only death would be able to save him. 

Shinsou suffered the most after Hu. He was in the dark of the whole plan. Once he found out Zihao died, he nearly dropped out of UA. If it wasn't for Hu to keep him on track and act as his guide, he may not be the number one hero. Todoroki was not too far behind him on the rankings. It was no surprise the two of them took the gold. After all, they both saw Zihao as their brother.

Hu's shoulders slouched forward, nodding his head he began to stand. "Yeah, he'd probably come back and haunt us if we didn't." He joked with a sad tone. Even now, he never truly recovered. Maybe someday he will, but until then he shall continue sharing Zihao's legacy. 

--------------------

L/n Zihao

Savior of us all

Friend, mentor, brother and most importantly, a misunderstood hero.

--------------------

What determines if someone is good or bad? Is there really anyway to ever tell? 

Such a simple question yet it determined Zihao's entire life. Even until the moment of his death. In another life, maybe he can give us all an answer. 

There is one more so stay tuned! 

A side chapter will be released on "behind the scenes" soon :)

And the reason Aizawa wasn't on the list of 'who suffered the most' is because he isn't the best guy 😭 if you don't read the side stories it won't be as easy to tell. But Aizawa really only looked after Zihao because he saw him as Oboro's replacement. He didn't really care about him, just someone who was a part of him. 

Basically, the entire book was Hu telling the story to his students. But Hu didn't die! As promised :D