box 62

[one week before the war]

"-and that's what I've gathered." Hawks summarized. His feet dangled off the edge of the building. Knowing the hero commission would keep their favorite vigilante in the dark, he thought he'd shed some light on the subject. In the span of an hour, he managed to catch Zihao up on everything from the League of Villains fighting the Liberation Army to the main villains to look out for. He wasn't too sure about some placements for next week, but any information was better than nothing at this point. 

The students weren't even told what they were getting into, at least most of them weren't. People such as Kaminari, Tokoyami and Kirishima who were given a chance to be on the front lines were aware, yet the others were only told their work studies were going on a trip. All to the same place.

Dragging a hand over his face, Zihao let out a heavy groan. "We really have our work cut out for us, don't we bird brain?" 

Hawks glanced at Zihao with a look of concern. "Will you be alright?" His tone got uncharacteristically quiet. There wasn't any question as to why either. Zihao looked like shit. An extra two months of unstopped training really wore on him. His skin was littered in small burn marks. Scratches seemed to be his new fashion trend. Don't even get him started on how pungent the smell of smoke was. The normal green tea was mixed with the strong smell of tobacco. How in the world did he even get his hands on that many boxes?