box 59

Groaning, Hu slid off the couch and onto the cold floor below him

Groaning, Hu slid off the couch and onto the cold floor below him. "It's so boring without the students here." He complained with a whine. With Winter breaking nearing its end, the school year was reaching its end as well. With only three months left, Zihao had a lot of planning to do. After hearing news of the League's alarming growth in numbers, it was almost inevitable that the students would be forced to fight. Even if they didn't know that yet.

Zihao faced a week of brutal training, barely taking any chances to relax, a constant surge of adrenaline. He had to be stronger, he couldn't let them down. Hu could only watch from the sidelines as Zihao destroyed himself. He was so immersed with his work, he forgot about everything around him. 

After Todoroki and Shinsou left for work studies, Zihao immediately got to work. Everything from guns, regular workouts to even his quirk, he trained. A massive improvement was seen, but really, at what cost?  A year ago, neither of them would have believed if you told them about them both being in UA. They would've laughed it off as some elaborate prank. 

One whole week on non-stop training paid off. His aiming has significantly increased. He still hasn't lost his stamina or reflexes. He even managed to almost perfect the smoke sphere, yet it was still very finicky. He's tried standing outside of it, he tried making it in his hand, he tried standing from above. But for some reason there was something missing: not enough smoke, it was too hot, it took too long to disappear, he couldn't control it. Always something that he wasn't doing well enough. It began to slowly chip away at his confidence. 

He was finally there, finally okay mentally. But the world of heroes never sleeps, it was constantly putting him on the edge. There was always something for him to do. Something that he lacked in. All reasons, he hated this world. 

Then came the question, would he be willing to do this for another year? Could he handle it? Can he hold out until the kids graduate? 

He didn't know. He couldn't know. He didn't want to know.

A part of him yearned for the answer, but he also knew that he had a limit too. He feared that if one more thing happened, he wouldn't be able to recover. It only took one more small thing to throw him over the edge. There was only so much that he could do. And this, whatever UA had him doing, wasn't worth it. If he was a student, it wouldn't have been any different. Everybody is a pawn in some way. So how exactly are any of the higher ups, better than what they're fighting against.

Zihao's hand covered his face as he rubbed his temples. The constant growing headache only seemed to add oil to his irritation. "I wish the students wouldn't come back, at least then they'll be spared." He replied, his voice came out as a whisper. Because he knew, no matter how much he yelled, it would all be pointless. Their fates were sealed the moment they walked through those dreaded gates.

--------------------

And finally, the dreaded week came to an end. The hallways seemed to buzz with life as students chatted with their friends they missed over the break. Nezu watched from the cameras, raising his freshly brewed tea up to his lips, he takes a sip. A ring filters through the school, signaling the beginning of class. His beady eyes stay trained on the full classroom full of happy students. As Aizawa walks through the doors, a grin falls onto his lips. Pressing the button for the intercom, he speaks into the microphone. "Aizawa, please report to the staff room."

Releasing the button, he smiles down at the next name on his list. 

L/n Zihao

A crackle leaves his lips as he waits for Aizawa to enter the staff room with Present Mic. Everything was finally coming together, of course he didn't know all of the details. But he could imagine how things will turn out after they found out.

Have Aizawa and Present Mic go first, use them to warm up the villain and confirm their theory. And then after, send in their beloved Zihao for an extra addition. A villain is a villain. Regardless of if they meant it or not. A villain would always be a villain.

It was all perfect. And amazing orchestra of emotions. Just beautifully blended.

'It was too bad it all had to go down this way. Zihao was an interesting character, such a pity. In the end, they all fall victim to the trap.' 

The trap of course being their humanity. The only thing Nezu lacked. The only thing that made his job, so much easier to stomach. There's no mental toll if you do not care. Such a simple answer really, so simple that he couldn't see why the others didn't understand it. If they would just simply get rid of the pesky things they called emotions and attachments, they'd be so much more at peace. Nezu believed Zihao would be able to reach his leave of solitude, but he knew after this one meeting, he'd have to lose all hope in the boy. A toy can only be played so much before it grows old and weathered. Such a shame. 

The slamming of a door causes Nezu's ear to turn in the direction of the sound. Staring at his glass with no emotion, the chimera listens as the two teachers storm down the hall. As the footsteps grow quieter, he waits. 

Five minutes go by. 

And then ten.

'They should be half-way there.' Raising his paw, he pushes the button that leads to the training room. 'It should take him five minutes to get here, and then another five to leave. Arriving at just the right time. Perfect.' The now luke-warm tea goes down easily as Nezu eyes the clock.

A short beep could be heard before a voice begins. "Did you ring rat shit?" Zihao's voice protrudes from the machine.

"Please do meet me in my office, it is of upmost importance!" A chipper voice, an unusually happy tone. All the things that make this, so much more enjoyable.

"Got it, give me a minute." A beep signaled the disconnection of the microphones.

A small grin curled up onto Nezu's lips, leaning back into his chair he places the now empty glass on the desk before him. "Such a pity indeed." 

The next chapter goes through chapters 253-255 in the manga, I suggest you read it before reading box 60

The next chapter goes through chapters 253-255 in the manga, I suggest you read it before reading box 60. It will make a lot more sense if you read those three chapters beforehand. Seriously, I wrote it weird. To me it makes sense, but it might not to you.