two. Hell Has Better Music

A/N : I completelyforgot about this until now but bandit is 8 in this because i have no idea how old she is now. I think like 12 but im too lazy to google that lmao.

Media is spencers outfit

------------------------------------------------------------

Every day could go one of two ways for me. Either I piss Karen off enough that she finally sends me back into the arms of my newest case worker, or I piss her off into borderline torturing me. It was better me than her daughter.

Either way, I was pissing her off today no matter what. And that started with two things.

First my outfit, which was not only super masc in my opinion but also had quite a few accessories that Karen usually yells at me for wearing because "no self-respecting women would wear that many chains." Jokes on her, I'm neither self-respecting or a woman.

Next, I blasted my music while in the shower and sang along when she started pounding on the door and threatened to take it off.

"TURN THE FUCKING MUSIC OFF SPENCER, MY ACTUAL DAUGHTER HAS A FRIEND OVER AND I DONT NEED YOU CORRUPTING THEM WITH YOUR SATANIC MUSIC"

I roll my eyes and shut off the water, grabbing a towel and quickly wrapping my body with it.

"Do you even know what you're saying? It's Fall Out Boy, they're hardly satanic. I'd understand it more if you were yelling at me for Korn or Slipknot.ll out boy."

Karen glares at me before turning around and storming back downstairs.

I roll my eyes and dry off while Aneurysm by Nirvana plays. I smile and dance around while I get dressed, completely avoiding the knowledge that today is my birthday crawling up my spine.

After finally getting fully dressed, I make a quick poorly mapped out plan to stay out of hell house and grab my phone before heading downstairs.
"See they are cool, Bandit. I wish my mom would let me dress like that."

I smirk and spin around to see Karen's 8 year old daughter and another kid around her age peeking at me around the corner.

"Thanks, V. Hey if your mom asks, you haven't seen me."

Victoria nods and quietly runs down the hall to me, dragging her friend with her. The kid was staring at me with a huge smile.

I have to bend down to hug Victoria and her friend unexpectedly joins in. I laugh a little before they both let go.

"Where are you going anyways?"

"Record store. Want me to look for Dallon?" Victoria nods vigorously before her head snaps to the side and we all three hear the sound of Karen yelling at someone on the phone.

I wave goodbye and book it to the back door. I get out just in time to hide behind the garbage bin and see Karen question Victoria and her friend, who shrugs.

I smirk and wait for Karen to turn around. Once I'm sure she wouldn't be able to see me, I stand up and leave the house. I text one of my...let's call her acquaintances... to come hang out with me.

I tell her to meet at the park and end up waiting about 20 minutes before I see her fancy car pull up. She steps out and the wind blows her monster green hair every which way.

"Come on bitch, let's go!"

"Alright, chill your tits out Audrey."

I laugh as I climb into the passenger seat. Before she starts the car, Audrey tosses a bag into my lap with brightly colored packages.

"The fuck is this?"

"You can't be turning 16 without gifts from your friends. Open them, the future college dropouts are waiting."

I laugh at her statement and start opening the packages, smiling at the amount of keychains given to me that just said 'emo' or 'rat child' or some variation of the two.

--

Opening the door to the music shop, I greet Woody with a shit eating grin as I waltz closer to her. She gives me a suspicious look as I lean on the counter with my elbows propped up, my chin resting on my folded hands.

"Wooddddsy"

"What?"

"It's my birthday. Youuu should let me play a few songs on the piano?"

Woody grinned while shaking their head, lifting the shelf door thingy keeping her behind the counter and guiding me back to the pianos. There were only two in the shop, one for sale and the other for display.

"Knock yourself out, Spencey. Oh and this showed up for you. Not sure how they knew you came here so much but hey, you can get it out of my store finally."

Curious, I took the box out of her arms and set it on the ground. I tried to open it only to realize it's somehow glued shut. I decided to deal with it later and instead took up my earlier plan.

I sat at the piano and messed around with a couple of scales for a few minutes before sighing and taking a deep breath. Audrey leaned on the other piano, watching me with a supportive smile.

I began playing a song I only ever played one time before and that was when I learned it. Karen had been forcing me to take piano lessons for about two weeks before she gave up.

Before I could really stop them or myself, tears fell from my eyes and the words fell off my tongue. I promised myself I wasn't going to sing this song again until I saw my parents.

But I needed it today. More than anything, I needed to feel them here with me. I know they aren't dead, I've checked their names in death records everyday. They're out there waiting for me with aching arms.

I heard Audrey singing quietly but she was doing it more as a fun time where I was just quietly crying. I finally open and wipe my eyes as I play the last note.

I jump when I hear clapping, turning around quickly and squinting at the short man with tattoos standing next to Woody.

"Holy fuck, you're Frank Iero!" I look over at Audrey's fangirling but Frank ignores her, staring at me with a huge smile.

"Yep. And that kid, was awesome."

"Thanks?"

Frank nods and then leaves the room, and possibly the store. Well then.

I answer my phone when it rings, bringing me out of my own stunned silence.

"Heelo?"

"Spencer get your ungrateful ass home right now or so hope me God I will take away your dinner for the next week."

"Do it, I'll call my case worker."

"Not if I take your phone."

"Try it and I'll break your fucking face."

"THAT IS NO WAY TO SPEAK TO ME YOUNG LADY. I AM YOUR GUARDIAN, YOU WILL RES-"

I smirk as I hang up and turn my phone off, standing up from the bench and smiling at both Audrey and Woody's faces.

"You two are still surprised at her behavior? Anways, I'm hungry. Anyone else?"

So I guess that would be where things went wrong this year as far as a birthday goes.