three : Guess That's Life

Frank
---------

It had been a while since I've gone into the music store and Gerard, Ray, and Mikey sent me to pick up some stuff so I figured I might as well head in.

I was surprised to find it mostly empty and almost thought I was the only person here besides the employees when I first stepped in.

But then I heard faint noises of a piano playing and laughter.

Ignoring it for the most part, I went about searching for the things I was missioned to find. I got slightly distracted by the records and going through them when a familiar tune came from the same direction of the piano early.

I turned to the employee that looked bored out of their mind but still had a small smile on their face.

"Where's that coming from?" I asked, curious as I hear slightly muffled singing.

"The piano? That's just Spencer. I can tell them to quiet down if it bothers you?"

I shake my head, now recognizing it was one of the band's song.

"No, no, no. Actually, what room is that?"

The employee, who's name I could now see was Woody, smiled brighter and quickly lifted up the shelf separating them from the rest of the store.

They make a motion for me to follow them and I quickly do, trying my best to keep up with their long legs.

It was the roar of the crowd that gave me heartache to sing

I smile in recognition and just watch as the kid plays. They look incredibly comfortable at the piano and have their eyes closed, only occasionally opening them to remember where they are putting their fingers before they close them again.

They don't seem to notice that anyone else is in the room as they finish out, staring at their hands they've now set in their lap.

I clap along with Woody but immediately feel bad when the kid flinched before they spin around and squint at me, as if trying to put together who I am.

"Holy fuck, you're Frank Iero!" I briefly look over at the the other teenager in the room before my attention turns back to who I assumed to be Spencer.

"Yep, and that kid was awesome!"

"Thanks?" I nod and step out of the room, heading toward the front of the store.

I can feel excitement running through me and I immediately know I have to tell Gee about this. I know they were probably busy and had to pick Bandit up later today from a friend's house but I also know he would be excited about this. Not to mention this kid sounded earily similar to Gee.

So, I decided to call him.

-----

SPENCER

Crossing my arms and pouting, I was trying my hardest to silently convince Woody to get door dash to deliver to the store.

"Come on, please. You have to, it's my birthday and I only turn 16 once Woodland."

Woody rolls her eyes before getting behind the counter again and heading over to the phone.

"Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean anything, weirdo. I only have to be nice to you."

I groan and prop my elbows onto the counter, sighing as I watch Woody call a number then disappear towards the back office. I roll my eyes and spin around, preparing to bother Audrey about getting me food from somewhere when I come face to face with Frank Iero trying his hardest to not look like he had been spying.

"So...it's your birthday?"

I nod slowly and awkwardly shift my feet. I always get really quiet around new people and I felt embarrassed knowing he saw how I really act.

I had assumed he had left the store so I was okay with goofing around and messing with Woody but now in the presence of one of favorite musicians, I felt weird being that annoying.

If he had been any other stranger I wouldn't have cared.

"Yo, little orphan Annie your bullshit box is heavy as f- Frank! You're still here?"

Great timing as always, Audrey.

"You're an orphan?" Frank seemed genuinely curious and I could tell he didn't mean it as an insult.

Audrey gave me an apologetic smile and I just shook my head. I took the box from her and called out to Woody that I was leaving.

"Hey, it was awesome to like sort of meet you out of the blue but I should probably get back to my foster house before I get murdered...Audrey?"

Audrey snapped out of her daze and nodded, following me out to her car where I then put the box in her trunk before getting in the front passenger seat.

--

Wincing as Karen grabbed my arm harshly and dragged me down stairs, I get thrown to the floor by the couch and nearly hit my head on the coffee table.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! First you leave without telling me, then you embarass me in front of your friends, and now you're not even going to spend time with me?! I took you in out of the kindness in my heart and this is how you treat me?!"

I sigh and stare up at her, staying silent because I learned a long time ago it was better to be that way in the long run.

"Mommy? Is that Spencer?"

"Victoria, go to your room. Bandit's dad is gonna be here soon and I can't have him thinking we're animals."

I wave at V, who smiles and waves back. I look over at Karen, who's fuming and smacks me upside the head.

"Change out of those clothes and get back down here. I have some serious rules I need to go over if you want to continue living here."

"Nah, I'm good this way."

Big mistake, Karen dragged me upstairs and forced me to change infront of her into something she approved of. I ended up having to wear a dress and I got so confused when it was one of the shortest ones I own. I usually layer underneath it but Karen yelled at me everytime I tried to wear any other clothes under.

I rolled my eyes as she left my room and changed into a pair of sweatpants and a cropped bvb shirt before she quickly yanked on my arm and forced me to sit on the couch.

"I expect you to be on your best behavior when that kid's dad gets here. He's never picked her up from our house but he is today and if by some miracle you make him uncomfortable enough to stop letting her come over maybe you won't be so useless."

I roll my eyes at her and cross my arms over my chest.

Of course this is what I'm being used for. Not to make her seem like a good mother and reliable adult, but to make a random kid's father uncomfortable to a point of not letting his kid go over to her friend's house.

I hate living here.