twelve : summer begins

If there was one thing I hated more than anything in the world, it was waking up early.

So instead, the night before tour started I had packed a suitcase full of my favorite outfits (also adding in the pencil case full of buttons and a few other accessories in a second bag) and vowed to stay up until we had to leave for the tour bus.

We were going to spend a majority of the first day traveling to Hollywood to meet up with bvb and so that I could be introduced to them. Then the next day after that everybody had a show.

Either way, I was more than excited to be surroned by musicians again and the thrill of touring. I still hadn't figured out a way to tell Gerard about my parents. I know it was likely I'd slip up during tour but I had just decided to get to that bridge when I crossed it.

Until now.

We had invited everyone to just stay the night over here. Mikey and Ray just stayed at Mikey's and Frank stayed on the couch. None of us felt like cooking anything so we ordered takeout.

I had been having an intense conversation about analog horror with Ray when my phone started ringing. I had set my ring tone as Son by Sleeping At Last and everyone just kind of paused their conversations to stare at me as I picked it up. I failed to look at the caller ID and just answered.

"Hello?"

"Spider, hey, just checking in on ya. Excited for tour?"

I laugh and tell him I was, standing up and making my way toward the basement.

"Gerard tell ya we're playing at a few warped dates?"

"No. What dates and who else is playing?"

I hear my dad's laugh as I descend the stairs, quickly going to my room and shutting the door. I locked it in the sudden thought that one of the others would follow me down to get the gossip.

Against my better judgment, I put it on speaker while I finished packing.

"It's a few weeks away still but I know for sure MIW and PTV will be playing, maybe even The Front Bottoms. Oh! I've talked to Gee about it and he said he trusted me to watch you when everyone's performing if you didn't want to watch them."

I laugh and shake my head because it was unlikely that I'd sit out an opportunity to see mcr or even bvb live.

"That great. Hey..dad?"

There's a beat of silence and I'm afraid he's gonna hang up before I hear his breathing. I hadn't called him dad while I interacted with him while the others were around. I just couldn't bring myself to explain things to Gee.

"Yeah, spider?"

"Do you think you could bring mom to a show? I really wanna see her again."

My dad sighs and says he's gonna try. I let out the breath I had been holding and thank him before saying I should probably let him go so I can finish packing.

"Still a procrastinator I see."

"Shuttt upp"

"Alright, love you Spider."

"Love you too dad"

Then we hung up. I sat for a good minute in silence before getting up and unlocking my door, swinging it open to see Frank, Mikey, and Ray standing there staring in shock.

"Uh..hi?"

"Hi? Hi!? You were talking to your dad and all you have to say is hi?" Frank started freaking out and I sighed heavily, motioning for all of them to follow me upstairs.