Chapter 4: Teenage Dreams

“WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT?!” I screamed at Eli, anger pumping through my voice.

“I don’t know!” He yelled back just as angrily. “My only excuse is that I was lost in her chocolate eyes and long black hair!” He smirked and I covered my ears.

“Shut up! I don’t wanna hear it!” I told him. He smirked and pulled my hands away from my ears.

“Then I won’t say it,” he smirked.

“So do you really wanna just ditch me?” I asked him, all joking aside.

“No,” he frowned.

“Then why would you tell Juliet that?” I asked.

“Have you done anything stupid to get someone to like you?” he asked. I thought back to when life was normal.

“No I haven’t,” I told him.

“Well I do that all the time,” he replied.

“Oh,” was all I could say. “Well I guess I’m going to hit the hay. I guess we can talk in the morning.” I pulled a blanket out of the book bag and a pillow off the bed. I threw them on the couch. When I turned around Eli was standing there. I scowled at him but blushed all the same at our proximity. He just continued to pout.

“You’re not gonna sleep with me?” he asked, sounding like a small child. I laughed.

“You wanna lose your nards, don’t ya?” I asked him and he instinctively put his hands on top of them protectively. I laughed. “Well I’m sleeping on the couch.” I grabbed my pajamas out of the bag and went into the bathroom to switch into them. I looked my baggy baseball tee with Snoopy on it. He wore his flying outfit-scarf, head gear, and goggle- and was on top of his dog house-which was painted like the British flag. I looked down and saw my skin-tight black shorts. On the side was a single white stripe. My socks were black white polka-dots. I smirked and pulled my hair up into a ponytail. Perfect. I walked out of the bathroom and blushed when I saw Eli stare at me in awe with his mouth agape. I regained my composure quickly and smirked. I walked to him and reached up on my toes to whisper in his ear. “Close your mouth… you’re gonna catch flies.” He immediately regained his composure as I sat down on the couch. “Goodnight, Eli!” I chirped.

“Goodnight, Gwyn,” he said stripping down to his underwear. Now it was my turn to stare. He didn’t have a body like Blake’s but he had some toned abs. He smirked and I blushed, turning away. He slipped into bed and turned off the lights. Well to can play at that game. I thought angrily as I slipped into slumber.

I stood in a dense forest. The moonlight shone brightly but not bright enough for I could see very little around me. The crunching of old November leaves frightened me. I turned around to see nothing. I reached for where my gun should be to find nothing but my own flesh. I looked down at myself to see me wearing a grey tee shirt and white skinny jeans with black converse. Worse shoes to be wearing right now… I began to walk aimlessly and soon found myself falling. I threw my hands in front of me instinctively to save my face. My wrist collided with a flash light and by the sound of a snap I could tell that I had fractured it. I frowned when I found out it hurt to even move the wrist. I quickly flipped on the flash light and did a 360, pointing the light in every corner of this wretched place. I began walking again and was relieved when I saw Blake. I rushed up to him and engulfed him in a hug. He hugged me back but pulled back quickly.

“We need to get out of here,” he told me. I nodded and followed him as we ran. The forest became denser and denser.

“Blake, I think you went the wrong way,” I tried to say sheepishly but the words came out as a faint squeak.