Chapter 29: Two Days

I looked up to see Sam standing there, throwing glares at my hand intertwined with Eli. We sat up and Eli put a protective arm around my shoulder, crushing my face into his side.

“Is this Sam?” Eli whispered and I nodded. He groaned. “Can we ignore him?” he asked. I gave him a flat look.

“You can try Eli, but I doubt it’ll work,” I said.

“What are you guys whispering about?” Sam asked, squating behind us. I gasped.

“When did you get there,” I asked, pulling away from Eli so I could turn and glare at him.

“Not too long ago,” he smirked. Eli and I got up slowly and turneed toward Sam.

“What do you want Sam?” I asked.

“You know fully well what I want,” Sam said emotionlessly.

“And what is that?” Eli asked. Sam turned towards him.

“I want Gwyn. I miss my love,” he said, looking at me yearningly. I looked away guiltily.  

“I don’t know if you noticed but she’s with me now,” Eli said, wrapping a protective arm around me.

“Gwyn, my dear. Do you wish to know the wearabouts of your father?” Sam asked, picking at the grime under his nail. I nodded. “Then spend the next two days with me and I’ll be sure to show you where your father is.” Was he really bribing me to come with him?

“Are you seriously bribing her to go with you?” Eli asked. “Dude, that’s pretty bad. And the fact that you’re bribing her with family is probably worse.”

“Are you coming or not Gwyn. We don’t have time to waste,” Sam grinned.

“Puh-lease! Time is all we have to waste right now!” Eli argued. You’d think it’d be hard for me to decide with the two arguing in my ear like that, but after tuning them out, I found it extremely easy to concentrate on my thoughts.

I really wanted to see my dad but Eli just here! I hadn’t seen my father in quite sometime and since I knew Eli was alright and I was unsure about my father’s state, then I decided.

“Fine,” I said softly. “I’ll go.”A smirk played on Sam’s lips and he looked at Eli smuggly.

“You what?” Both of them said.

“You heard me Sam now let’s go before I change my mind,” I said through gritted teeth.

“But, Gwyn--.”

“I’m sorry Eli, but I need to check on my dad. It’ll only be for two days. Nothing’ll happen. You understand, right?” I asked.

“Yeah,” he sighed. “I understand, but what’ll I do for those two days?” he asked.

“Well I’ll have my cell phone on me, you could text me and hang out with Chase, Carter and Michael,” I suggested. He made a face.

“But they’re not as amazing and pretty as you,” he frowned.

“I know,” I laughed. I reached up and kissed his cheek quickly. “But you’ll have to deal with them just like I did.”

“Alright,” he frowned. He pulled me into a tight hug and breathed me in deeply. I did the same to him and the smell of Axe Dark Temptations and Lotte Sasha lingered on him and it was a very plesent scent. His lips were pressed against my forehead and my arms refused to let go of his waist.

“Come on, Gwyn. It’s time to go.” I gritted my teeth at Sam’s request, ruining Eli and my moment. I pulled back and kissed Eli one more time before walking towards Sam.